Chapter-40

I couldn't help think about, the damage I've done to my relationship, after saying whatever I said.
She must've felt, I was caging her.
One thing which anyone hates is being caged. Being caged is the last thing people would like for themselves. But I can't help not feeling bad about this.
As brutal as it sounds, I don't regret anything at all. She's mine and mine alone. And she has to be careful around those creeps. Even if being caged is called being safe.
If she's upset, I'll make it up to her. But I absolutely don't regret anything I said or, will do in future.
I came home, parked my car and started walking towards the door.
Just then I got a weird feeling. Suddenly my heart rate went up and I was sweating a little.
I didn't know exactly what was happening to me, but I knew for sure, I was having a weird feeling about something. Something was not right, that's all my gut was saying.

Mom opened the door, and she had an ultra-cheerful-face. Okay, for those who don't know the ultra-cheerful-face is not for family members on such a common day, it is saved for guests or relatives.
Mom's cheerful face, along with the feeling in my gut, got me breathing slow.
Mom moved from infront of me, and behind her was sitting the reason of her ultra-cheerfulness -- my aunt and my uncle.
It was time to put a bright-ass-fake smile on my face, and exchange pleasantries. After the formalities were done, I was allowed to change and freshen up since, my class consumed half of the day. They felt I deserved a break.
I went to my room, changed, got a grip on my beating like crazy heart and prepared myself to go meet them again.
As I came out of my room, everyone was talking about some pretty serious stuff. I concluded that, by the tone of their voice's.

"Lakshit, you need to help your dad and your uncle tomorrow at the office." Said mom.
"In the evening?"
"No, for the whole day, there is a celebration for your dad's friend."
"Did you forget about my class?" My heart won't stop screaming.
Here my nosy uncle spoke,
"No we didn't, but of course you can miss it for one day?"
"No I can't!" - I said way too abruptly, and got unpleasant looks from all of them. - " I...I mean....its the second day an...and there's a lot to study...I can help...help you after I come back..." I said, with my heart in my throat. And I was sure, I had turned white by now. I cannot imagine not going to the class tomorrow.
Then my dad, who hadn't uttered a word till now said,
"You're NOT going to your class tomorrow, Lakshit."
It wasn't a question.