Chapter-75

It was surprising how the good, relief filled days passed so swiftly. The two weeks of therapy really cleared my head, and it really made me see the reality as it was. Without sugar coating it.

After two weeks, I guess I missed out on a lot of things, so I opened my Instagram to see what's going on around my world.

I had no intention to stalk Aamya or anything like that. I mean I wanted to, but I knew it wont get me anywhere so I didn't.

But there's this feature on Instagram where, if someone post's a picture it pops on your feed, and considering how I hadn't opened Instagram in 2 weeks, everything posted by everyone came on my feed.
Including what my ex, Aamya posted.

And now that it came on my feed, I couldn't help but look at it. It was yet another picture of her with a guy. My focus was on her and not the guy. Her hair was the length that she has now, indicating that the picture was of now. But little did I know that I was just treading on dangerous waters, until I saw who the picture was actually with.

And as soon as I saw who the person was, my world shattered for the Nth time.

Aamya was sitting very close with, none other than my BESTFRIEND, Karan.

The picture looks like it's of a club or a bar, or something close to it. It was lit with pinkish blue lights. And they were both dressed accordingly.

Aamya was wearing a black dress, and what appeared to be nude or baige pumps. I couldn't make out the color due to the fancy lighting.

Karan was wearing a pink shirt. A shirt.
A SHIRT.
And its his rule, he knows shirt's suit his build, so he wears it only when he needs to impress someone, or make a killer appearance.

Blue jeans complimented his shirt even more.
And he was wearing black loafers.

Wait a damn minute, and then I was zooming in on Karan's shoes.
And an odd feeling was beginning to settle in the pit of my stomach. As if something really bad was about to happen, like I knew something's wrong, but I just need to figure it out.

Black loafers. Black loafers. Black loafers.
Bkack loafers. Black loafers. Black loafers.
Black helmet. Black t-shirt. Blue jeans.
BLACK LOAFERS.

And then it hit me. That odd feeling of recognizing something. The same build. The same posture. The same shoes. The SAME GUY.

That day, a long time ago, Aamya was talking to KARAN, outside her building and claimed she was talking to a colony friend. I couldn't see his face, but now I can put the pieces together.
Her familiarity. The way the guy drove away when Aamya said something, after she realized I was there. The way I felt, I somehow knew the guy. And more importantly, the way Karan ACTED after the restraining order was issued.
I always wondered, why he was being so defensive about Aamya. He should be trusting his bestfriend, but how can he trust me, when he is a snitch.

That's why he was so worried about Aamya, after he thought I did something wack to her and THAT'S why Aamya issued a restraining order against me.

Hell, maybe she even told him that I did something wack. The way she is, he would believe the naive, beautiful, innocent, scared Aamya.

Anyone would.

I DID.

But the truth is, I would never hurt Aamya in that way. No matter what she did to me. And she already has done a lot.

But here Aamya isn't what I was stressing about. It was my bestfriend.

I dont even know how long has he been in, on this. So, all this time he was pretending to understand my plight, when in reality he knew damn well what I was going through.

He must know some twisted version of the
same story, that Aamya fed him.

I trusted him and he trusted her.

We were bestfriends for years and never fought over any girl, only to betray me with my ex girlfriend. Why? Why did he chose to put our friendship at stake for her????!!!!!!

I thought I meant more to him than that.

But now its all clear. He was a snitch. Always has been. I dont know what I did to deserve this? But I needed to express this one last thing to him before I threw away every feeling towards him to trash.

I sent Aamya's post to Karan and wrote,

"You two deserve each other."

"I told you to stay away from her, should've listened." He responded.

"Yup you're right. Happy for you guys. Don't betray her atleast, the way you did to me."
And that was it.

When I broke up with Aamya, I thought I knew loneliness. Its now that I realize, its more than that.

'Alone' will come now.

The worst didn't even start back then.

It will begin now.