Chapter - 59

For some reason, I was in a good mood. Our business was at a good place, dad was happy and satisfied. And whenever dad is happy, it automatically puts me in a good place, mentally.

"So you'll take the ford or the duster?" My mom asked, as she came to stand beside me, she had some work and hence she was sending me to fetch things from the market.

"Duster." I said, always preferring duster over dad's other car. For reasons unknown.

I got in my car and connected my phone with the bluetooth. I wanted to listen to good songs after a long time. It took me 5 minutes to select a song and then, I was off to the market.

It took me another 30 minutes to be done with my mom's chores, and then finally I was free.

Well, free and happy is a deadly combination for me.
So my mind decided, that I would take the long route and pass from Aamya's house. Even text her to come to the balcony, if she's free. Then with a smile on my face and music blasting from the speakers, I drove in the direction of Aamya's house.

I was 3 minutes away from her house when she called. I was the first to speak, cause you know...excitement and happiness does that to you.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"In my room, why, what happened?"

"Nothing just asking, I was out for my mom's work so..."

"So you're coming to meet me?" She inquired.

"No. I'm like one hour away. Maybe but, after I get free. If its possible for you?"
I lied.

"Sure maybe. I'll tell you if I can."

"Okay."

"Yes, bi."

"Bye." And I hung up.

I took a route that I hadn't taken ever before,to her house.
So it shocked me, when I saw Aamya standing in front of a little shop that is at the corner of the street, she lives on.
She was talking to a guy on a bike. He wore a black helmet so I couldn't see who he was. He was wearing a black tshirt, blue jeans and black loafers.
She was smiling, and seemed she was very good friends with the person talking.

Then she saw me. The smile that was present earlier dissapeared.
The look on her face was that of shock. It was clear, she didn't expect me here.
She said something to the guy, and then he drove away.

She came towards my car, showing an expression of surprise and a mask of happiness.

"You know you shouldn't be here, my mom could see you easily." She said when she got in the car.

"Yeah, and neither should you."

"Mom sent me for some work."

"I hung up legit one minute ago and you were in your room. What you have a twin now?"

"As soon as you hung up, my mom came to me. What is the problem?"

"Aamya, it had only been one minute! There's no way you came down here in one minute. You live on the third floor!!!!!!"

"You think I'm lying?" And that was her wildcard. To put my faith on a test. I couldn't answer her. I didn't had an answer. I lover her. I also did trust her. But sometimes things dont make sense, and Aamya does nothing to clear the confusion.
So instead of answering her, I replied with a question.

"Who was that guy?" I asked, motioning in the direction he drove off.

"He's a colony friend. Lives by the corner."

"And your mom wouldn't have a problem if she saw you talking to him? He's a guy too you know? That is unless he's gay or bi or something."

"He lives around the corner Lakshit! Mom knows him!"

Well, as a matter of fact her mom also knows me but she hates me. So that seals the deal for me.

It still dosen't proves how Aamya was in her room a second ago and then in front of me, talking to someone the other.
And no, I dont see wings attached to her back, so it's hard for me to understand how she got there so fast.