Chapter-66

I went out of the class, only to go to the place that Aamya and I called 'Ours'.
I dont know why I went there. Now out of all times, I should absolutely not come to this place or any other place where it screams 'Aamya and Lakshit', because there is no Aamya and Lakshit anymore.

But, I guess my feet just took me there.
I sat where we always sat. And just kept thinking about what happened.
Its not like I wanted to think about any of it, it just came to my head and replayed itself, over and over again.

If we can even rationalize, what she did to prevent me from seeing her, out of the danger from her mother, what rationalizes the using 'RohanMotherFuckingSinghania' for it?

Out of all the people in the god damned class, she chose the only person I hated the most to help her.
It almost sounds like it was on purpose. Like she wanted to irk me, by asking Rohan to carry out the dirty work for her.

And what about both of them entering together?
Can I be sure that it was a coincidence, just like Aamya said it was? Doubtful.

I know, I shouldn't be thinking all this negative shit about her, its only been 4 days and I have already started suspecting her of everything bad. Why am I forgetting, that she is the one who went through the horrible things. She can do whatever she wants, to protect herself from it happening again. It's not her fault.

But the heart feels what it feels. And right now, the way she's acting so cold, and the way she is behaving, something feels off.

Like Iam missing this big piece of information. Like there's something I dont know.

Not to mention it feels like, I dont know her anymore, she's changed. Sure after what happened, its bound to happen but she's acting so different it hurts.

I spent the rest of the day at the restaurant only. By the time I came home, I was very tired. Which is funny considering, I didn't do anything while I was there. Just chugged on red bulls. The waiter was concerned I could see. But atleast I wasn't drinking alcohol. Heaven knows what would've happened, if I did.

In the span of 4 days, I was so focused on every thing related to Aamya and our broken relationdhip, that I barely used my phone. It was only to call Sneha or Karan for matters related to Aamya. Its pretty natural. Social media can't do shit, when you're life is upside down.

So when Karan called me, I lost the ground beneath my feet.

"Hello?"

"Hey asshole, you dont check my messages anymore, you should probably throw your phone away."

"What is it Karan?" I asked, annoyed.

"Uh, dont overreact but your girlfriend's showing on my suggested list on Instagram."
Dead silence for 10 minutes.

"Dude?" Karan asked, concerned.

"Must be someone else, check it again."

"Bro it IS her, there are pictures of her on the account."

"What?"

"Yeah, its public, 3 pictures are posted and I can see it's her clearly."

"Send me the screenshot." And I hung up.

I sat on the edge of my bed, head in my now trembling hands. With every muscle in my body wishing, that this is a nightmare and begging someone, anyone to wake me up. Not more than 2 minutes later, my phone chimed with a notification. I opened it up to see 4 images.

The 1st image was of a screenshot of the account, and rightly so, it was hers. I didn't even needed to see the pictures of her to confirm it. It was crystal clear that it was her.

The 2nd image was a really beautiful picture of her wearing the dark green and golden color combination of a top and a touch down skirt.
Exactly like she said she would.

The 3rd was another image of her with a cousin( a little girl ), who happened to be matching with her outfit.

The 4th was another image of her with a girl about her age, posing at the camera.

Very happy pictures indeed. So were the captions. It didn't even look like it was a profile of a girl who went through hell, or a girl who has just broken up with her boyfriend.

I mean obviously, her profile shouldn't be screaming that she's upset, but hey...her profile shouldn't even EXIST on the first place. Isn't this going to get her into more trouble with her mom?!

Sorry for the judgement. But its kinda hard not to judge.

None of this troubled me more than the fact that, the pictures said that they were posted 3 days ago. Which is ridiculous because then it'll mean that these pictures, these HAPPY pictures were posted one day after our breakup itself. Which dosen't bode well with me.

I dont know if I had questions for Aamya anymore. Because what I had for her, were blames and accusations.

I opened my Instagram and sent her a request, and told Karan to do the same.
Because there are chances she might not accept mine.

Nevertheless, the account was public.
Which is so un-like Aamya.
But so is Aamya these days, un-like Aamya herself.