Chapter-71

Before I knew it, my parents were called by the head of the department, and no one was letting me leave the room, until my parents came.

I was surprised, that they didn't call Aamya in the office with me.

Rather, ever since she ran, she was no where to be seen.

The dean wouldn't even tell me why I was there for. Basically nothing makes sense.
I think I heard a police siren somewhere close, but wasn't sure.

A little while later, my worried looking parents arrived.

The dean and the teacher who called me in the office talked to my parents. That too not in front of me. They wouldn't tell me anything!!?

They talked at a distance, making sure I couldn't hear them. I sat and waited patiently.

I was very happy with what I did, and absolutely nothing could change that.
I was very much at peace. The voices in my head were signing, and I had a smile plastered to my face.

After about half and hour, the dean and the teacher left the office, leaving my parents and me there alone.

Weird.

I didn't know why they did that.
Shouldn't I be left to go home now?

My mom and dad looked worriedly at each other, then at me.
And I knew that look. It was the 'we dont know how to tell you this' look.
And I hated that look, because whatever they said next never came as a good news.
The smile that was on my face was now replaced by a scowl.

"Go ahead, tell me. Drop the bomb."
I said, not so gently.

"You cannot see Aamya anymore. You cannot talk to her." said dad.

"As if she LET'S me talk to her."
I replied angrily.

"You dont understand Lakshit." said mom and dad together. Then looked at each other, unsure.

"WHAT is it??"

"She has issued a restraining order against you. Now if you are found to be within 50 to 100 feet from her. The police would be notified, and they can lock you up."

After these words, I couldn't hear anything else that my parents said.
There was a high-pitch ringing sound in my ears. And it was making hard for me to concentrate, what my parents were saying.
The sound kept increasing, until all I could hear was the ringing in my ears.

Then, my vision started getting blurry. Everything went red, and I felt something hit my jaw, and then I was out.

I heard someone calling my name. At first I heard Aamya. And I was happy with that thought. Then I felt pain, and was uncomfortable at that. I could still hear Aamya's voice calling me. But then pieces of memories started coming back to me, and the reality of what had happened hit me and I woke up with a jolt.

I woke up, and I was on a chair. I was in an office. My parents were in front of me. They had red eyes and pale faces. My mom looked like she had been crying, but I could not see any tears.

"What happened?" I asked, disoriented.

"You fainted. Does your jaw hurt?" Dad asked.

I rubbed my jaw and was met with a shooting pain.
"Yeahhhh...." I replied, weakly.

"Let's get you home."

And then my dad helped me get up, making sure, I wouldn't faint again.
When he was positive that I could walk properly, he let go of me and we headed to our car. Mom made me go with dad. While she drove my car back to the house.

Dad and me didn't talk for the whole drive, but it was clear something was on his mind.
I tried avoiding thinking about Aamya, because every time my mind drifted to Aamya, my head would start paining like hell. So I didn't think about her.

When I reached home, dad gave me some pills for my jaw.
While staring at me with a look I didn't know. I dont know a lot of things about a lot of people these days.

I went to my room, and my limbs gave in.

I fell to my bed and drifted off to a painful sleep.