Chapter - 61

At around 7:30 Aamya called me. Seeing her call, I got mixed feelings. I was happy she called, at the same time, I was scared if something would've went wrong.

"Hello?" Caution could be heard in my voice.

"Hey, whats up? I was getting ready for the night, and finally I've come to the decision that dark green and golden would be the best contrast. What do you think?" She asked, excitedly.

"I told you, whatever you chose to wear would look absolutely lovely on you. But I do think blue and golden are a better combo?" I said, knowing that now she'll be confused over it, all over again. And then she'll make that cute-irritated face that I love.

"What?! Really?? So you mean I should try that again, and see if it looks better? Oh god, but I dont have that much time!!!! Ugh!!!!!" She said, and I could picture the expression on her face.

"Hahahahahahaha. Relax! I was just messing with you. Go wear what ever you like. You'll rock anything."

"You sure though?"

"Yes, yes! Now go!!"

"Okay. Bye"

"Bi" and she hung up.

Whew. A huge burden was off of my chest. Nothing was wrong or anything like that. Everything was absolutely fine, and I should quit worrying this much. It was weird that even after her call, my heart won't let go of the bad feeling. Leave it already! I said to myself. I think I'll die with hypertension this way. Breath and let go Laskshit.

I thought she went for the wedding because after her last call, I didn't receive any msgs or anything from her, for 3 hours.
Which was totally fine. Weddings can be hectic. But my paranoid brain, won't leave me alone. So just to be sure, I checked the last msg I sent her on snap. And to everything that is holy.

'Seen 3hr ago'

"What the f-" oh but wait. Maybe she got dressed up and left in a hurry, so she couldn't reply to my text.
Maybe...but why are all these shitty coincidences happening, while I'm getting these bad thoughts? I dont really know what to make of it.

Then my phone rang, almost scaring me to death.

I looked at the caller id. It was an unknown number.
Yet another weird thing.
I picked up,

"Hello?"

"Lakshit...?" I heard someone sobbing and asking for my name. It took me half a minute to realize, that this heart shattering voice is of Aamya.

"AAMYA? AAMYA?!!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED??? ARE YOU OKAY???? WHERE ARE YOU???? ARE YOU HURT???? WHY ARE YOU CALLING FROM THIS NUMBER???? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED??? ARE YOU OKAY????? TELL ME??????"

"Lak....shit,(she was trying her best to speak, but her sobs weren't letting her) listen to me....listen to me....ery carefully. I...I do...don't have much t..time. My m..mom found out about u...us. S..she has my phone. She went th...through everything. She knows. SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING!!! I'm...I'm calling from my...my cousin's phone."

"Aamya..Aamya, did she hurt you?"

"Y-yes."

No no no. This can't be happening, this shouldn't be happening.
Not again. No.

"Aamya, what did she do to you?"

"They."

"They? Your dad knows too? What did they do???"

"They....they beat me. They said I...I let them down again....that I would never change. I...I was ruining my life. I was ruining my life after boys. And that they'd take my phone away. They warned me, if I ever saw you again, they'd do something terrible."

She started sobbing.
I couldn't deal with it. They beat her. They beat her own daughter, just because she was dating me. They'd hit her before, when this happened. They did it again. This time worse. Because of me, she had went through hell before and now because of me again, she was going through this end-less torture. It wont change. That's what my heart was trying to tell me. And I was stupid enough to ignore it. The cycle will go on, she'll go through pain. The pain she didn't even deserve. Her parents won't stop. She'll always get hurt. She'll always be the victim of what I do. Only because one one thing, Me.

So, I'll fix it. It's an equation, and I only have to subtract me to get her out of this hell hole of pain. I won't let her get hurt again. I wont let them hurt her anymore. Rage overflowing for her parents.

"Don't worry, you'll never see me again."

"Wh..what???....What are you talking about L...lakshit???"
Her sobbing intensified.
But she needs to understand this, for her benefit.

"We should breakup Aamya. This is too much for you. I can't see you get hurt again and again. And the only reason why they're hurting you is because we're together. So in order to get free of this pain. We should break up. It's for the better. I can't let this happen to you while I sit and watch. I love you. I'll always love you. I just can't see you get hurt anymore. No one will ever take your place. In my heart. In my life. You'll always be the queen of my heart. Forever. Just trust me on this."

"Laskshit...no you....you cannot do this...." (she sobbed harder)

"It wasn't a question Aamya."
And I hung up.