Chapter-73

So I agreed to take therapy.

Heaven knows I needed it.

But before I go to therapy, my dad told me to go to the teacher whose class I disturbed, by pulling off one hell of a show, and apologize to him for what happened.

He said, it doesn't matter who was at fault and who wasn't. What matters is the negligence of the respect towards an elder.

So I drove to my classes, just to apologize to him. And I did feel bad. For how I made my parents feel.

After all the apologizing, and the best wishes for the future, I was about to head home when....I saw Aamya's car, and I stopped.

I know I shouldn't. I could get in jail for this, for heavens sake!!!

But my feet were glued to the ground, and there was only one direction they chose to go towards. Her car.

As I reached her car, I saw that it was empty. Its probably a sign that I should leave.

"Lakshit" a voice said, from behind me.

My heart stopped for a second. Am I gonna go to jail for this?
Damnit Lakshit!!!!!

I turned around, to see a woman. She looked familiar. She was dressed very smartly, and had kind eyes. But why does she looks familiar?

There was something about her eyes and the crook of her nose it just looked like...oh no.

OH FUCK.

It was AAMYA'S MOTHER.

I WAS STANDING IN FRONT OF HER MOTHER.

Damn, I'm better off dead now.

The realization made me take a step back. And her eyes seemed to follow my every move. I was sweating rivers now.

I was dumbstruck, and didn't know what to say. She noticed my swollen jaw, and confusion colored her face. Her noticing my jaw, made me involuntarily touch my jaw.

"How'd that happen?" she asked quite politely. So politely, I was scared for my life. She motioned to my jaw.

"I fainted." I replied, my voice small.

"You look very weak, your health okay?"
Why is she asking that? Why is she being so nice? Is that what people do before sending someone to jail?

"I...I...lost a lot of weight..."
Why am I telling her that? She doesn't needs to know. What is wrong with me? But something about her look, made me wanna answer her truthfully.

"Hmm" she said, and she looked worried.
When I didn't say anything, she continued....

"Look Lakshit, you know what has happened, and you also look smart enough to me, that you wouldn't do anything to attract trouble, both for you and Aamya.

You need to let Aamya go.
When I got to know about you two, that's what I told Aamya. I told her that one day you both would have to let each other go.

You should focus on yourself, and let her do the same. In the long run that's what's best for you both. I'm sure your parents agree with me...other than that, its not like us parents can control you kids." She said with a chuckle.

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED WITH ME.

What the fuck just happened with me?

Who is this woman?

She isnt Aamya's mom that's for sure.

But the better part of my brain was saying, 'she isn't the mother Aamya made up stories about'.

I know a good person when I see one. Words can be a lie but the kindness in her eyes, the worry on her face, the way she is talking about like she dosen't know what actually went down between me and Aamya.
It's proof of the fact, that everything I know has been a lie.

Aamya's mother wasn't the demon Aamya told me about.

Aamya is the demon queen.

She was feeding me stories. That, is why she has an Instagram. That, is why she is only with posting pictures with guys. That, is why its okay if guys comment on her pictures. That, is why she never had a problem with Aamya's colony friend.

Its because Aamya's mother never had a problem, on the first place. She is as chilled as my father's whiskey on ice. The whiskey seems like a good idea after all this.

After all this happened, I told Karan and Sneha what had happened.
Leaving the, 'she made up fake stories about her mother' part.
Sneha was shocked and, said Aamya overreacted.
Karan on the other hand was acting weird.

"You should stay away from her." he texted me. Because I told both of them on text.

"Why?" I asked.

"She issued a restraining order against you dude!!! Surely you've already caused her a lot of trouble. I think you should stay away from her now."

"Dude I didn't do anything that wack."

"Yeah, she pulled a restraining order because you said hi, right?"

"I dont know, why she did what she did, even I'm shocked."