Chapter-72

When I woke up, I was met with my mom and dad's face.
Mom was standing beside dad, while dad sat on a chair at the foot of my bed.

"Well this isn't creepy at all. You guys were watching me sleep." It wasn't a question.

Both my parents sighed.

"We need to talk." said dad, plainly.

Ever since all this started, I always knew one day this moment will come, and I would always try to avoid this moment.
But as I looked at my parent's faces. As I looked at myself, and the way I was feeling.
I felt defeated.
There's no running from this. Its time, I give up the fight.

I sat up staright, and mom gave me a glass of orange juice, I made a face but took it.
I wasn't up for food, but I knew my body needed it, and that my mom won't take no as an answer.

I took 3 sips of the juice, then put it on the table beside my bed. Then waited for the inevitable.

"Your mom and I were talking, and we both feel that you need help."
When I didn't say anything, he continued.

"There's your mom's friend, she is a psychologist, who is willing to play the part. But nothing would work if you dont accept the situation and let us all help you.

Son, you may not be ready to see this, but its over. The girl has issued a restraining order against you, and now there's no going back. If you still continue to chase it, there will be consequences, and you know it.
We are trying to help you. Trying to take this all away from your life. So that you can start again, and have a good life. You have your whole life ahead of you."

The mention of Aamya made my eyes weep. And I let them mourn her this time.
Thinking about her made me hurt so damn much. I didn't know it was possible. Possible, for someone to hurt you so much without doing anything.

Their absence make you feel like dying. Even them hurting you, is better than them not being there. The hollowness had a depth so deep, I regret meeting her. Seeing her that day, in the chemistry class. My heart was heavy and in pain. Physical, emotional, mental.

I let myself silently weep in front of my parents.

It burned my heart to know, that I have caused my parents so much pain. All along I could see the hurt in their eyes, pain on their faces, but I chose to ignore it. Just for someone, who I thought was above them.

And there's no denying to the fact that they were right.

I needed help.