Chapter-65

Almost all my night went by, pondering over the question - why was Rohan there? Is he stalking Aamya? Was he waiting for her? Was he waiting for me? Is he planning to do something? What's going on in his psychopathic brain damn it.

But what if Aamya made him wait until she went away? She was acting weird. Hell, she HAS BEEN acting weird. And, she did talk to him before she left. And Rohan left for his car, as soon as Aamya left for the call.

I might be sad, but I was still watching. But what did I miss?

Is there something going on that I aint aware of?

All my questions only had one answer. Aamya.
And to talk to her, I have to get through the night. And sleep isnt even close. But nevertheless, I closed my eyes and drifted into a painful sleep with nightmares coloured red.

I woke up sweating and heaving. Out of breath. These nightmares would be the reason, why Id go insane.

All I see is red.
Dark bright red.

I got ready and grabbed a can of redbull, and got out of the house before any one could say anything.
The song which played this time, was 'Dark Paradise'.
I found its lyrics very relatable.

('Loving you forever can't be wrong, even though you're not here, won't move on.'

'And there's no remedy for memories you're voice is like a melody. It wont leave my head.')

Its a very relatable song. Very relatable indeed.

I reached the parking lot, and when I didn't see Aamya, I headed  for the class.

Nothing happened, again. Until the professor came.

Again, Aamya entered after the professor but today, she wasn't alone.
Rohan was close behind.
He was dressed so good, it seemed he smelled Aamya and I aren't together.

My blood was boiling now. I know I wasn't dating Aamya. But what should I do about these feelings?

I still LOVE her.
And I still HATE Rohan.

Aamya came and sat beside me. I didn't look at her, again. I looked straight ahead.
After a little while, I build the courage to talk, before the professor leaves.

"I saw you, using your phone yesterday. I thought your parents took it away."
Even though I said it in a very neutral tone. She didn't seem happy about my comment.

"Its with me, in the time of my class."

"Oh, that's good to hear."

"So, how come you and Rohan came in together today?" And now, I got the 'look'. The 'Iam so disgusted with what you said' look.

"It was a coincidence, Lakshit." The 'Lakshit' sounded really scary. It was a taunt.

"I was just asking."
She didn't reply to that. It was now bugging me how cold she felt. Like, she no longer wanted my presence near her.
But I had to ask this one question.

"Yesterday when you were leaving, Rohan was waiting for you. Or something like that. You were gone, but he was still waiting."

"Lakshit enough. I don't wanna hear any more nonsense."

"Nonsense? So you think Iam making this up? Why would I make this up?"

"Lakshit, Rohan is not trying to harm me. He's a friend. You're upset, I get it. But he's my friend."

"Why would a friend be acting like a stalker then? What was he doing after you were gone???!!!"

"Because I asked him to!!!"

The earth split open for me.
Her words were ringing in my ears like the sound of a pitchfork of the devil being slammed on iron.

She asked him to? Wow. Now isnt that wonderful? All this time I was blaming Rohan, for scaring the shit out of me but it seems my own girlfriend hired him to scare me.
My ex-girlfriend.
Ex-girlfriend.
Even that hurts to hear.

"Why?" I barely recognized my own voice. It was laced with so much hurt. I was at the edge of bawling my eyes out.

"I had to make sure, you dont come to talk to me because my mom said, she'd show up early just to make sure, that you and I didn't meet."

Wow. I didn't know what to say to that, or how to react. And all of it was already more than enough to give me a horrible headache.
I got up, and left the class.
Not caring about how the classes were still left.

I needed to leave.

Maybe from her life, more than this class.