Chapter-21

Now that we couldn't talk to each other for the whole day, except the classes. I was beggining to realize, about her value being more than I thought it was. I loved her. She was priceless to me. But we've all heard the phrase that, you only realize someone's worth...when you lose them. It was true that I didn't lose her....but not being able to know how she was....not being able to hear her voice was much like the same.........
I missed her so bad. I waited impatiently for late at night, so that we could talk. It was so hard.....especially for her. To talk to me and keep an eye out for the demons. One ear to the phone and the other to sense the dangerous creatures crawling up her room. I know my thoughts are basically full of disrespect for her parents but do you think I can help it? They are the reason, she's so far away from me. They are the reason why iam not able to express my feelings properly. There is so much I feel for her.....yet so little that I can tell her. There is no time. TIME.....time is the one thing we don't have.
For some of the starting days....we talked very less, because she always had this fear that someone was coming up her room. The calls would be in breaks.....she would disconnect the call every 15-20 minutes. Then she would call again, stating it was a false alarm. She still feared her mum. I mean who wouldn't. She was strict as hell. I have only seen her in pictures which Aamya showed, but still she scares the wits out of me. Its not the looks, which scare me. Its the thing that she looked so sweet and, was so scary in reality. Aamya has told me a lot about her. She is the head of the family. The supreme court.
Aamya was scared.....but with time the fear faded. The calls now lasted for longer duration. She didn't act on her false alarms now. She knew better. Her brain had adopted to the changes. She could tell if anyone was coming or not. She was being more careful.
But also with this came the consequences. We would talk from 11-4 in the morning or 10-5 in the morning.
Sleep was now, not a word in my dictionary. I used to compensate by sleeping in the afternoons but apparently nights are for sleeping and the day is for working. But I was willing to change the rules, break them if needed.
It would appear a little 'over the top' to some people....but when you actually feel for someone, all these.......scarifises make sense to you.
Its like reflexs your body builts. Doing anything and everything for them becomes a reflex. Its true....LOVE makes you go crazy. LOVE makes you do all kind of shits that, you wouldn't do otherwise.