Chapter 6

Lillian's pov

It took us a week to fill out our forms. I insisted on designing my own costume. I'm... I'm actually really excited. I never thought I could be a hero. I never thought I'd even come close, and yet here I am, about to go off to UA in April. My mom and dad's side of the family both were overjoyed to hear the news, and now they're communicating with each other to try and come down all at the same time, which is going to be about as nightmarish as it sounds. 

The costume I'd designed was really simple. I didn't want anything flashy, but if I was really going to do this, I couldn't just put any old thing on there. I had to really think about it, and do some research. It took me a while to decide on something that would help my enhance my quirk and benefit me during a fight. Lots of hours were spent thinking and reading online about different materials and items that could possibly be of help to me. After all, I'm new to this. 

I first wrote down that I needed a sweater. Not just any kind of sweater, either. It needed to be light, and it had to have that sort of fabric that breathed to keep you cool. I wanted it to be loose. I found snug things to be hard to move in, and I always felt uncomfortable in them. I also wrote that I wanted the cuffs infused with herbs. Citrus and peppermint, to be exact. Those herbs are strong, and if I sniff them, it'll definitely help to wake me up. 

I didn't think too hard on the bottoms. A pair of spandex was fine, especially since my sweater was going to be longer than usual, making it almost a dress in a way, but not quite. I requested those socks for old people with aching legs because I'm not in shape. I thought they'd be good to have so that maybe my legs won't hurt so bad when I run. I know there's going to be a lot of trail and error with this whole hero thing. 

I didn't include shoes, planning on wearing the ones I had. My outfit looked pretty complete to me. I was actually going to mail it in before something else occurred to me. My quirk is based on sight. I look somewhere, and I blink, and then my quirk is activated. I knew there had to be a way to widen my field of vision. When I looked further into it, I came to the conclusion that I needed goggles.

The goggles I designed had blue lenses that curved outwards. I explained that I wanted them to widen my view so I could see just a little more with them on, and I wrote that I didn't want people to know where I was looking. That was important to me. I knew I wouldn't need them all the time, but I still tried my best to think of everything I could to make them better. Being able to freeze a bigger area would be beneficial in my opinion.

I felt proud of myself putting that form in the mailbox. I never thought I'd be sending off for a hero costume. A hero costume for me. I'm still having trouble processing it. To think that just weeks ago I thought I was going to fail. I thought I was going to end up graduating in a class full of people like me who'd go on to live average lives where they worked average jobs and had average days. 

"Your dad and I finished our part! I think this part is for you to fill out. We already took pictures for the rest of the family." My mom said as she and I ate lunch. Dad was at work, no doubt boasting once again about my astonishing and fairly unexpected achievement. I wish he wouldn't. It's embarrassing. Me getting in was some sort of freak accident, and I just wish both of my parents could see that.

"Alright. I'll do mine right away." I assured with a small smile. My mom grinned back at me excitedly. She's been so hyper these past few days, and I don't blame her. The gravity of just what's happening is starting to sink in, and I'm not going to lie; I'm ecstatic. I'm going to be a hero! I'm going to study under Pros and learn how to help people to the best of my ability, and it's going to be amazing without a doubt.

It's like as a kid when you dreamed of being a talking dog, but you knew you could never be one. I'm going to become a talking dog! Against all odds, it happened. I got in. I really, really got in. I... I just can't believe it! I'm going to cry. 

"You're going to be a hero." My mom smiled blindingly at me. "My baby." 

I couldn't help but smile back.

~

dlahdlahsd I drew her outfit below so you could get a better idea since I such at describing stuff. I also suck at drawing but if you combine a shit example with a shit visual you getttt

*Drumroll please*

A decent idea of what the fuck is happening! Yatta! 

((Disclaimer: Colors and details may change overtime due to the fact that I drew this at four in the morning--))

((Ignore all the notes I made

((Ignore all the notes I made. Those were for me. I didn't know what I was planning to when I went into FireAlpaca--))