Chapter 63

Third person pov

Chad the Uber Eats driver is not a complicated man, but he's certainly reliable. Anytime Lillian called, he picked up. He was just that kind of guy. A 21 year old asshole with nothing better to do but support his favorite young memers and laugh at the results. He was a man of few words. He worked quickly and efficiently. That's how he knew, the moment Lillian was announced to be going up against Kaminari, that this was his time

He'd been prepared for this, as any loyal memer might have been. He was an honorary member of their team, after all. He had what he needed, he just needed to get it to the festival grounds. Lillian was going up against Kaminari last, which meant he had time on his side. If he rushed, he could make it. It would be tight. Hopefully some fights lasted longer than others.

When Lillian called upon him and told him that the plan was most definitely a go, he didn't hesitate to comply. He'd brought this up to the kids around the time he first met them, and they'd agreed immediately with zero hesitations whatsoever. They couldn't have known how the festival would turn out. Originally, they'd simply planned to spook Kaminari during it for shits and giggles. But now? When he was fighting Lillian? It was the perfect opportunity, and they couldn't afford to miss it.

Chad made a few calls of his own. The kids had managed to get him an all-day entrance pass that allowed for a plus one, in case he wanted to come enjoy the tournament with a friend, relative, or significant other. That's another reason he was doing this. The kids were too pure for him not to, really. Well... pure was a strong word. They weren't total dick bags like most brats their age. So instead of spending his day getting high and delivering various forms of takeout, he found himself racing towards UA. 

Lillian was now teeming with excitement rather than nerves, and Kaminari was sweating buckets. Sero and Mina both looked mildly concerned for his well being as Lillian bounced over. The electric blonde got tenser and tenser as she got closer. Sero and Mina eyed her a little wearily, unsure of why Kaminari seemed so terrified by her. Not only that, but Bakugo had stopped grumbling about her and glaring at her. Now, he averted his gaze and grimaced a little.

"L-Let's both do o-o-our best!" Lillian chirped up at the blonde. Mina and Sero immediately relaxed, but Kaminari looked near tears. She bounded back off towards her two friends, leaving her disguised threat for the electric boy the mull over.

"Okay! Let's press pause for a momentary interlude! Before the battles begin, it's time for some pulse-pounding side games!" Mic really hoped Lillian would participate. She was so short, and looked so cute when she ran around with her little friends! "First, a scavenger hunt!" 

"Side games, you guys?" Neito asked, glancing down at her in question. Lillian was the most exhausted out of all of them. Her uniform was also covered in dried blood, which looked extremely uncomfortable even if it didn't seem like it had been enough to soak through. Lillian looked around as cards were scattered across the field, shrugging vaguely.

"We're already winning the whole thing anyway. I don't see why we can't dominate this too." Hitoshi grinned, hoping it would help Lillian get some of her nerves out. Though, she seemed... well, just fine really. Learning she'd be fighting Kaminari had sparked some light in her eyes. She was excited for this, and they were too. Even if Chad couldn't quite make it, this would still be brilliant to behold.

"Wig?" Lillian asked. They both fist bumped her as a way of confirmation. They had nothing better to do to pass the time, save for maybe sleep. So why not?

People began to dart around, swiping cards and going to hunt down where they came from. Hitoshi dipped down to pick one of his own, staring at it for a moment. He turned it upside down, and then back right-side up again. Neito and Lillian looked at him expectantly as he narrowed his eyes at the card. Was this real? There was... no way this was actually something they were expected to get, right? Oh my god.