Chapter 36

Someone pointed out that it's not technically a filler if the story is still progressing so that's nice,,, but I'm still sorrY HDKS-

That being said this one isn't a filler so enjoy-

Third person pov

Shota Aizawa really didn't want to go to work Monday, but though he wouldn't admit it, he was quite eager to see his students again. Last he'd seen the lot of them, they'd all been whisked away to various parts of the USJ, and left to fend for themselves against the present villains. He knew most of them had gotten away just fine. The villains that had gathered consisted mostly of low-level thugs, but Lillian...

Last he'd seen her, blood had been spilling from between her lips. Her eyes were wide with terror and fear, and her cheeks were stained with tears. She looked horrible, with blood covering her clothing. He could still hear her voice, shaky and terrified, ringing in his ears as she reached out for him. He didn't know why it was sticking with him. It sent a shiver down his spine when he recalled it, and made him nauseous. Just knowing that his student had to...

He grunted, shaking the thought off as best he could. He wasn't usually one to worry. He just... no kid should have to wear such an expression. The memories, the flashes of Lillian's pained and fearful eyes, still bore down on him. They beat at his blank facade heavily. It was honestly tiring. He was sure it would all go away once he saw for himself that, yes, she was perfectly fine. 

"You ready to rummmmble?!" Mic asked loudly. Seeing as Aizawa's arms were out of commission, his blonde friend had made it a point to help him out. Aizawa wouldn't have minded much if not for the volume of Mic's voice. He was too loud for his own good. Shota had a sneaking suspicion he'd still be that way even if his quirk wasn't related to his voice.

Lillian was walking to school with Hitoshi once again. She really couldn't imagine not going to and from school with him anymore. It had quickly become routine after just one day. She was glad, too, because she hadn't seen Bakugo lurking about anymore. It's not that she didn't like him. He was just... very brash, and such. Not that he wasn't a good person or anything! He was just really... rough around the edges, and not super nice sometimes. That's all. Not that Lillian's opinion actually mattered, right? Right. 

"Have your friends laid off about the note yet?" Hitoshi asked as they approached the school.

"Y-Yeah, I think they d-dropped it." Lillian grinned up at him. Big Chungus drinks Cranberry Sprite would go down in history. She planned to keep bringing it up, but keep herself out of their suspicions. Then she'd make it her senior quote and blow their minds. Was that petty? Absolutely. That's exactly why she was doing it.

"For now." Hitoshi murmured, and they bumped fists. His eyes shifted to the gates. "I hate Mondays."

"We're single mothers making a difference, Hitoshi. I-It can't be helped." Lillian shrugged, pulling at the straps of her backpack.

"Samantha, grab your tablet sweetie. I don't want you talking to me." Hitoshi shook his head. Lillian sighed heavily as though burdened somehow, though she was smiling as well. 

"Morning, Donna!" Lillian called to no one in particular. "I love what you did with the tulips."

"Fucking bitch." Hitoshi muttered, grinning. Lillian tried not to snicker. Hitoshi honestly didn't mind going to school, or waking up to walk with Lillian. He used to find getting up so early grueling, but now he sort of looks forward to it. He really likes being around Lillian, and he likes to think she likes being around him too.

They go back and forth as they enter UA's property, their voices lowering. Lillian is practically bouncing next to him. He's impressed and proud that she's got the thing memorized. It actually sort of warms his heart to an extent. Makes him feel lighter and more exhilarated in a way, because he's never had a friend like this. He's never even known someone like this before now.