Escape (3/5)

My eyes snap open at the sound of a door slowly creaking open. I furrow my eyes brows at the familiarity of the room. This was the room that I grew up in as a child; this was the room where I was abused by my uncle more times that I could count. And at the time, my powers develop yet; so I could feel everything he was doing to me, and it would show on my skin.

The room that was a couple inches larger than a closet, with its walls peeling and a twin bed with a single thin bed sheet and a pillow.

When I was barely a year old, my parents were gunned down in a bank, leaving me-their only child- behind.

I notice that I am laying on a bed and dressed in a gray night gown with small black flowers on it. I stand from the bed and walk towards the center of the room.

"How the hell did I end up here?" I ask myself.

I turn my head to the door, where I heard heavy footsteps ascend up the stairs. Suddenly my body freezes and chills roll through my body. The door opens to reveal my uncle, who can barely stand up straight, leading me to think that he is drunk once again.

"Dinner's ready," He says with a slur.

"I'm not hungry," I say softly.

"What did you just say?" He asks whilst stepping forward.

My heart races as I walk backwards.

"I-I'm not hungry," I repeat.

His left eye twitched before he says:

"YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE BITCH!"

He rushes towards me and winds his arm back to hit me. I extend my arms out and close my eyes as I brace for impact. My body flinched in anticipation, but the impact never came. I open my eyes to see Bucky blocking my uncle's punch and drop kicking him into a wall. Uncontrollable tears flow down my cheeks as I watch Bucky lift my uncle up by the collar and whisper something in his ear.

My uncle's eyes widen with fear as he stumbled backwards and fell down the stairs. Bucky makes his way to me and that's when I notice that my hands are shaking. He links my arms behind his neck before he lifts me into his arms.

"It's okay... I got you," He soothes.

A shaky breath leaves my lips and I lower my head under his.

"Thank you," I say.

I close my eyes temporarily until I hear Bucky say:

"Y/N?"

I open my eyes and suddenly I'm in a lab that smelled like rusted pipes and the sound of water dripping echoed throughout. There is a mechanical chair with open metal cuffs on the arms and legs.

"What the.." I say as I stare down at myself to see that I am wearing a white lab coat, a black t-shirt and black khakis.

I look around to see Bucky nowhere in sight.

"Bucky?" I call.

I jump when I hear his scream.

"Bucky?!" I say frantically.

I run to where I last heard the scream. I gasp when I see Bucky in another chair identical to the previous one. He was strapped in and he continued to scream as electrical waves travel into a machine and into his brain. And there were four scientists standing around him, letting it happen.

"Stop it! You're hurting him!" I say to the scientist.

"He is the Winter Solider, he doesn't feel pain." A shorter man with a European accent states.

The remaining scientists are walk towards me with a syringe filled with a strange, clear liquid.

I transport to behind them and grab one of the scientists. I inject him with the liquid and he slowly collapses onto the floor. I grab another scientist's arms before he could inject him and upper cut him in the jaw. I kick him to his knees for knocking hims out with a spinning back kick.

I go straight into a jumping snap kick, and knock the syringe out of his hand before elbowing him in the the throat.

Which now leaves me with the short man. I find a glass cup and break it. Hovering the sharpen edges along his throat.

"Turn it off," I say.

He tries to object but interrupt, saying:

"Turn it off now! Before I cut out your throat."

He slowly inches towards a panels with lots of buttons on them. He presses one of them and the electrical current stops. I elbow him across the face, knocking him out cold before I run over to Bucky.

"Bucky?.." I say as I hold his head in my hands.

His eyes are closed and his body weighted with unconsciousness.

"Bucky, wake up. Please.." I add.

I tuck a few strands of his hair behind his ears and held his head up.

"I need to get you out of these cuffs," I say.

I place my hands on each side of his face
and close my eyes  as I think of transporting him out of the cuffs. We both fall to the ground, with him on top of me. If I were a normal person, I would definitely be in pain right now.

He groans softly as he comes back to consciousness. He moves his head so he is completely positioned on my breasts and slowly opens his eyes.

My breath leaves my lungs as I stare into his gorgeous, ocean blue eyes. He inhales sharply as he realizes what position he is in with me. He sits up, which only makes it even more uncomfortable because I now he is straddling me.

"Oh my Gosh, I am so sorry. I'll-I.." he trails off as he stands from me.

His cheeks are a red as cherries and he scratches the back of his neck nervously. He starts to stumble over his words as he helps me up from the floor.

"W-w-hat happened?" He asks.

"Um.. the scientists tried to attack me for protecting you, and uh.. I kicked their ass and threatened the last one to stop whatever it was they were doing to you.." I explain.

"They're right over th...ere?" I trail off to see the scientists gone.

"We've got to get out of here." I say, taking his hand and running.

While we're running, I hear my uncle yelling and another man with an accent yelling. A headache started to fabricate in my head as I continued to drag Bucky behind me while I'm still running.

"Y/N, where are we going?" He asks.

I close my eyes really hard as I think of creating and portal back home. I hear a familiar whoosh and suddenly the screaming stopped. I open my eyes to notice that I am in my loft.

I am now the one straddling Bucky but I slowly slide off of him to peer out the window to see cars driving down the street like nothing happened. The headlights shined like stars against the dark night sky.

I touch my body to make sure that I am not transparent like I would be in the Soul Stone.

"Where are we?" He asks.

"My loft.. we're home- I'm home." I say with a laugh.

"I finally did it," I say to myself.