Escape (5/5)

Much to my surprise, nothing happened that night. I think the fact that he is a gentleman from the 1940's, goes against his physical impulses.

I spend almost two days recovering from transport in and out of the soul stone to return people back to their families and their planets.

Of course, I couldn't save everyone. But I tried to save as many as I could without tiring myself out. I needed to preserve my energy to transport Thanos into the deepest, most hottest volcano ever known to man after the Avengers teamed up to take off Thanos's gauntlet.

I walk out of the guest room in my black shorts and a white t-shirt. I rub the sleep out of my eyes as a yawn escapes my lips.

I walk into Tony's living to be greeted with cheers from the crowd of Avengers.

"There she is, the savior of the galaxy!" Thor greets.

"The person who single handedly saved everyone happened to be a woman. Talk about female power." Maria states.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty." Rhodey says.

The more and more they compliment me, the redder my cheeks got.

"Guys," I say as I walk further into the room.

"There is always a spot waiting for you as an Avenger. Just give me a call." Steve says as he claps a hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you," I say.

"No problem," He says.

"To Y/N, the savior of our entire galaxy." Tony says, raising his glass of champagne.

Everyone else raises their champagne glass and said my name before taking a sip. I run my fingers through my hair and scuffle towards the fridge. I groan when I see rows and rows of alcohol and no juice or soda in sight.

"Oh for goodness sakes, Tony. Why is there no other drink that is not alcohol?" I ask.

"Because non alcoholic beverages are boring," he says.

"Actually guys, we better get going home.. Thomas is starting to get worried about us." Carol says as she approaches me.

The crowds sighs with sadness and I cover my mouth as I yawn again.

"I guess I'm driving back?" Carol asks.

"Yep." I say.

"Alright then, we should leave now then." She states.

I follow her out of the room only to hear Bucky say:

"Wait,"

I look back to Carol and she says:

"I'll wait for you in the car. Don't be too long,"

I approach Bucky but he tells me to follow him into an abandoned hallway.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing, I just wanted to say goodbye personally... and away from cameras. I feel like Steve and the others would be watching, especially Tony." He says.

"I hope to see you again, doll." He adds as he brushes back my hair.

"I hope the same thing too," I say with a sleepy smile.

His face scrunches with seriousness but his eyes were warm hearted. He pulls me closer by my lower back and I feel his breath on my forehead. He lifts my head and connects his lips with mine in a genuine kiss.

Our lips move slowly against each other and I pull away slightly. My eyes dart from his eyes to his lips and I press another kiss onto his lips. I inhale sharply as he tongue parts my lips and the kiss became more heated.

He presses my body between the wall and his body. He squeezes my sides as I run my fingers through his soft, dark brown hair. I softly groan as his cold, metal hand comes into contact with my warm skin. He steps forwards as I lean my head back with every kiss.

Both of us were breathing heavily when we hear Steve say:

"Hey Buck, Sam wants to hear the story about Becky with the weird hair."

Bucky huffs with annoyance before saying:

"I'll be right there, Steve."

He rests his forehead against mine and I lean up to press a sweet kiss on his lips.

"I better go," I say, trailing my hands down his neck and onto his chest.

He nods and peers down at the floor before locking eyes with me again. I find myself leaning up to kiss him once again, but I catch myself. I drag my thumb across his lips and I say:

"You are going to be the death of me, Bucky Barnes."

I pull away from him entirely and walk down the hallway. I switch my hair to the side and lick the rim of my lips, where I could still taste the champagne from Bucky's lips.

I smile as I jump into the car with Carol.

"What's got you all smiley?" She asks.

"No reason," I say nonchalantly.

"Uh-huh," She says skeptically before she shifts the car into gear.