The Outsider (2/5)

Once I get back to my tent, I pack two duffel bags worth of supplies and equipment. I pull my hair into a ponytail and meet some of the guards to take me to Thor.

"Well hello there, Lady Y/N." Thor greets once I aboard his ship.

He takes my hand in his and presses lingering kiss on the back of it.

"It's nice to see you again," he adds.

"Thanks, it's been a while." I say.

"Now, where are the patients?" I ask.

"Quick to get things done are we? Why don't you come into my office, could I get you something to drink?" He asks.

I wanted to decline but I decided to at least try and be nice to him. Even though I'm not interested in him like he is interested in me.

"Sure," I say before following him.

Thor hands me a Virgin Piña Colada before sitting on his throne. He folds his hands in his lap and gives me a humble smile.

"Soo, what have you been up to?" He asks.

"Oh not much.. I mean, I was offered a chance to go back to school on a scholarship.. but there was just something about being a nurse that I loved. Something that I just couldn't give up." I say, walking towards the large window.

I turn around to see Thor's eyes snap up immediately, which means that he was checking me out the entire time I was talking.

"Okay, maybe I should go to the patients now." I say, whilst rolling my eyes.

"No, no, no, wait. I'm sorry, it's just.. you're such a beautiful woman and I can't help myself from admiring you." He says, standing from his throne.

"Would you consider being my wife? How does Queen of Asgard sound?" He asks.

"I think that you are a ridiculous human being." I say.

"Ha! You can say that again," Loki says as he means against the side of the wall whilst eating an apple.

"You're telling me that you faked having injured soldiers just to ask me if I could be your wife? Why couldn't you have done that via letter, or via hologram?" I say, setting down my Piña Colada.

"I mean seriously, I have dire patients that need my treatment," I add.

"Seems you've gotten sassier since the last time we met. Loki, maybe you can make her your wife." Thor teases.

I roll my eyes and pick up my duffel bags before saying:

"I'm leaving,"

"Wait, Lady Y/N," Thor says, holding onto my wrist.

I drop my duffel bags and sheath out my dagger. I side kick him into a wall and press the tip of my dagger against his throat.

"Damn, you're a better fighter than I thought you were." He says in a strained voice.

This causes alarm amongst the people of the ship. I can hear the whine of their guns turning on as well as the ring of them sheathing their own blades.

Loki gives them a signal to stand down and I say:

"I don't have time for fun and games."

I pull away from him and put my blade back in its cover.

"Loki, show her where the soldiers are." Thor says.

Loki motions me to follow him and before I did, I turn around and say:

"The reason why I can marry you is because the King of Vanadia is my boyfriend, and he is planning on marrying me as soon as I get back."

Loki and Thor exchange a look of embarrassment and I say: