My Own Decision (2/2)

Rhodey, Sam, Vision, Wanda, Nat and Banner all went to Wakanda. Steve decided to stay behind to fill Abbott after she got out of the shower. Y/B walks out of the steamy bathroom with her towel wrapped tightly around her body.

She dried herself and put on her combat uniform. She combed through her hair and pulled it into a ponytail.

She was walking through the compound and calling Rhodey's name. She became defensive when she didn't hear him respond. She continued to walk around in disbelief that Rhodey left her behind. She felt a hand on her shoulder and pushed the figure against the wall. She tapped on a button on the inside of her sleeve, which slid a dagger into her hands to press against the figure's throat.

That figure was Steve, and once she realized that, she dropped her guard.

"Steve? What are you.. where's Rhodey?" Y/N asks as she pulls away from him.

"Everyone left to go to Wakanda. They have someone who can help heal Vision." Steve explains.

"Okay.. but what are you doing here?" Y/N asks.

"Well someone had to stay behind to brief you." He says.

Y/N laughs dryly before saying:

"It's ironic how you wanted to stay for me."

"Y/N/N-"

"It's Y/N." She interrupts.

"I did what I did to protect you."

"To protect me? Who says that I need protection! I am a grown woman, Steve. I can make my own decisions." She snaps.

"You're a kid! With your whole life ahead of you! I wasn't just going to let you spend the rest of it as a criminal. You deserve better." Steve says.

"'A kid'? I'm twenty nine years old. I'm far from being a kid." Y/N says.

"I'm old enough to be your grandfather."

"When has that ever stopped us? We are both adults who made the decision to love each other. You are a special kind of circumstance and you know it." She says.

"I loved you. I trusted you!" She adds, pushing Steve back into the wall.

"I trusted you and you left me here." She says with tears brimming in her eyes.

"And for that, I can't forgive you."

"I knew you wouldn't. But I just wanted you to know that despite what you make think of me, I still love you. And every decision that I have made was for you, and I don't regret anything. Because I rather you hate me and still be alive than for you to die and love me." Steve states.

"Then at least I would have been by your side. At least I would have had the choice to sacrifice my life for yours."

"That's exactly why I made the deal with Tony. I knew that you were capable of doing and so I made a choice."

"Yeah, you made a choice alright." Y/N state sarcastically.

"We should probably meet up with Rhodey." She adds with a sigh.