Curtis (A Snow Piercer Story) [3/3]

My heartbeat is echoing in my ears as I try to minimize the sound from my deep breathes. I know that if I make the smallest sound or movement, that I would die. I close my eyes and softly pray in my head that one of the axe men doesn't see me.

"Where's Y/N? Y/N!" Curtis yells.

"Curtis, stop. She's gone." I hear Edgar say.

Tears fall onto my cheeks as I close my eyes. As long as Curtis, Gilliam and Tanya are safe, that is all that matters to me.

For what seems like forever, we were finally out of the tunnel and that's when I roll onto my back and kick out two men's knees. I take one of their axes and kill as many men who were in my way of Curtis. As soon as I approach him, he pulls me in for a hug.

"I thought I lost you," He whispers in my ear.

I pull away from him slightly and press a warm kiss on his lips before pulling away from him entirely.

"The fight isn't over," I say.

"You get that woman, and I'll cover you." I add.

He nods makes his way over to the blonde chick; I don't care to know what her name is, so I'm just going to continue to call her blonde chick. I would take down as many people as I could so that Curtis to get to her. That's when I feel an arm pull me into a muscular chest. Soon after, I feel a sharp object press against my throat. The man behind me whistles to get Curtis' attention. When Curtis looks to me, his eyes widens and a shaky breath leaves his lips. The blonde chick is injured but someone else is helping her up and is going to take her away from us.  Our only real leverage is going to escape.

Curtis looks from the blonde chick to me, and when he steps towards me. I shake my head no frantically.

"Save the future of your people," I say.

He shakes his head no and walks to me.

"Curtis! Please, don't."

He stops in his tracks and looks into my eyes deeply.

"I'm sorry," He croaks.

"I love you," I whisper.

I close my eyes and seconds after, I am tackled to the ground and I hear the man from behind me fall next to me. My eyes snap open and I see Curtis on top of me as he covers me. I look up to see Tanya taking the axe out of the man's head.

"Curtis, what did you do?" I ask.

"I told you, you were not dying for me." He says.

"You saved me instead of the future of our people." I say.

"You don't get it, do you? You are my future." He says as he holds the side of my face.

"And you are willing to weigh an entire people in the balance, for our love?" I ask.

"For you? I'd do anything." He says.

"Well I'm sorry, but I'm not." I say.

I toss an axe at the blonde chick's arm and watch as it pins her against the wall of the train. She yells out in pain and the man who was helping her runs away when he sees me walking towards him. I push the axe further into her arm and she screams at the top of her lungs.

"That was for Andrew,"