The Alternate Universe (8/10)

"Steve, she has stronger powers than all of us combined. And we don't know her enough to determine if she's a friend or a foe." Nat says.

"She's a friend," Steve states.

"Don't let your feelings for the girl cloud your judgment, Cap." Clint states.

"Where did you think you're planning on keeping her?" Steve asks.

"The S.H.E.I.L.D. Penitentiary-"

"Absolutely not." Steve states.

"Steve, you have to consider-"

"The answer is no, and that's final." Steve says before leaving the conversation.

He sets his shield beside the couch and sat down next to Y/N.

"Hey.. you okay?" Steve asks softly.

Y/N shakes her head as she held her face in her hands.

"They're back.. I spent all my life trying to get them away from my life. I thought the serum would have worked but it didn't. And I have a strong feeling that there isn't a way to take them away." She croaks.

"I don't know what I'm going to do." She adds.

Her heart began to race as she felt a discomfort in her eyes. She winces at the sensation and Steve notices this.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" He asks.

"My eyes,"

"Let me see,"

Y/N shakes her head no. Steve kneels down in front of her and pulls her hands away from her face. Y/N kept her eyes closed and Steve took in all of her features. Her straight, maroon red hair-the same shade as her mother's-was pulled into a half up and half down do. The smoothness and gentleness of her face. She truly was beautiful.

"Let me see," he repeats.

She shakes her head again and Steve rests his face on the side of her face. He caresses her cheek with his thumb and says:

"Hey.. you can trust me."

Y/N inhaled sharply before opening her eyes and revealing them glowing a bright white.

"I'm sorry," she says.

"Don't be.. I think you look beautiful." Steve reassures.

Steve looks deeply into her eyes and smiles as her eyes turn back to its Y/E/C color.

"Come on, lets get out of here." He says, taking her hand into his.

"Actually Cap, there is something that Tony and I have to tell you, regarding Ultron." Banner says.

Steve sighs before saying:

"I'm sorry,"

"It's okay," Y/N says.

"I'll.. wait for you at home." She adds.

Steve nods and watches as she walks to the door.

"Actually Y/N/N, can I call you Y/N/N?" Tony asks.