Bumps and Bruises (2/4)

Nightfall came and I am just putting the finishing touches on my make up. I decided to dress cute yet casual. Don't want to be too dolled up to fight against an attacker. My God, I am turning into my father.

Dad knocks on my door before he walks in

"Hey Dad," I say before putting on burgundy lip stain.

When he doesn't respond, I look over at him. Though he has a smile, his face droops with sadness.

"Dad? Are you okay?" I ask as I walk up to him.

"It feel like only yesterday when I found you... alone in that box in the alley; so young and mistreated. And now here you are, seventeen years later, graduating in a year and going on dates with your boyfriend." He says with a small laugh.

"You've grown up in the blink of an eye," he adds.

"Jeez Buck, when you put it like that, you makes us sound old." Steve says, leaning against the wall.

"Uncle Steve!" I say, pulling him in for a hug.

"Hey peanut," He says.

He holds the back of my head with one hand and rests his other hand on my back.

"It's been a while since I last saw you and when I finally come over, you're going on a date with your boyfriend." He teases as he pulls away.

"Well, I'm up for sparring tomorrow, if you're up for it." I say.

"Unless your old age is catching up to you," I add.

He laughs before saying:

"Game on, kid."

I hear a honk coming from outside and I walk back into my room. I grab my purse and put my phone, my lipstick and compatible bow staff inside of it.

"Be back by te-"

"By ten pm sharp, got it." I say before pressing a kiss on his cheek.

"Bye Dad, bye Uncle Steve!" I say walking down the stairs.

"Bye!" They say.

I close the door behind me and smile as I see Peter leaning his back on his door with his leg propped up on against it.

"Hey babe, you look amazing." he greets as he holds the door open for me.

"Hi," I say before pressing a warm kiss on his lips.

"You ready?" He asks after pulling away.