My Own Decisions (1/2)

Y/N's P.O.V.:
I run through the forest with Gucci Gang blasting in my ears. The smell of fresh water from the nearby waterhole teases my nose. I feel small branches crack under my feet as I continue running.

My mind drifts off to what happened five years ago with Steve. Things were already on edge because of the Sokovia Accords and the Avengers split up into two teams. Of course, I was on Steve's team with no question asked. Steve said that he didn't want me involved, because I could get hurt. I thought it was adorable for him to think that I was defenseless even if I was a Class 5 mutant.

Despite Steve's attempts, I fought until I was incarcerated. Sam, Clint, Wanda and Scott were also incarcerated for defying the Sokovia Accords.

After a day or two, Steve came to break us out. He said that he couldn't afford to have me get into anymore trouble so he told me loved me, and he drugged me. While I was drugged Steve struck a deal with Tony about keeping me safe and prevent me from finding him. In exchange, Steve or Bucky would never set foot in another Avengers Compound ever again.

Tony accepted and Steve left before Abbott would wake up. But before that, Steve wrote her a letter and put it at my bedside and when I woke up. Ever since I read that letter, there has been a growing resentment against Steve. For making decisions about my life, when I am more the capable of making those decisions on my own.

I was so caught up in my own thoughts to realize the large branch that was sticking out. My ankle got caught underneath the branch and my eyes widen as the force of gravity takes over. I cross my arms and brace for the impact of the forest floor. The breath leaves my lungs as my chest hits the ground. I began to tumble down the hill on the forest and didn't stop until my body reached the bottom of the hill.

I lay there, facing the light gray sky with my body fanned out on the ground. I pull out my headphones to listen to the nature of the forest. I close my eyes and control my breathing. It was just me alone in the forest, and it actually felt quite amazing. Until I heard my phone chirp. I huff before looking to see who texted me.

"Sorry to make your run a little short. But we have a problem. Come to the compound as soon as you can." -Rhodey

"I'm on my way." I respond.

I get up from the forest floor and brush myself off before running back to the compound. My hair sways with every stride and before I knew it, I was at the compound. When I arrived at the compound, I saw a jet that I am unfamiliar with. I jog inside and took the elevator up to Rhodey normally is.

Third Person P.O.V.:
"Is everything okay, Rhodes? There's an unknown jet out.. side." Y/N trails off as she locks eyes with Steve.

He was standing next to Natasha and in front of Wanda and Sam, who are uplifting a very wounded Vision. Steve is completely star struck on how Y/N looks now. She had dyed her roots and the top of her head black. The black then faded into her normal maroon red hair. She touched up her ends so that it is curlier than normal. Not to mention the fact that she was wearing a white sports bra and white sweatpants that bring out her curvy physique. Sweat glistens from her mariah colored skin.
(Look to picture at the very top for reference)

Steve wasn't the only one star struck. Y/N's heart raced as she saw that now Steve has longer dark brown hair and a dark brown beard. His combat uniform looks worn by time, but it still brings out his muscular physique. Y/N misses staring into his ocean blue eyes everyday and kissing his plump, dark pink lips.

They spend almost a minute staring at each other. Rhodey approaches the bunch and gives Steve and Nat a hug.

"You guys... look like crap," Rhodey says to them.

"Well the hotels weren't exactly five-star," Sam says.

"I-I think you guys look great," Banner says, making everyone stare at him.

"Hey, Nat." Banner adds.

"Bruce," Nat says with a small smile.

"Well this is awkward," Sam says.

"Tell me about it," Y/N says with a sigh, making Steve lock eyes with her once again.

"What's happening, Rhodey?" Y/N asks. 

"Thanos is coming; and he is more powerful than anything we've ever thought." Banner says.

"Why didn't you guys tell us sooner?" Y/N asks.

"Because we didn't even know Thanos existed until like yesterday." Sam answers.

"Okay.. I'll give you that." Y/N says.

"What happened to you?" Rhodey asks as he sees the scuff dirt marks from when she fell.

"Oh.. I uh, tripped the branch while I was running." Y/N explains.

"Still the same ol' Y/N. Come here." Nat says as he pulls Y/N in for a hug.

"Steve looked at a picture of you everyday. I just thought you should know that." Nat whispers in Y/N's ear.

They pull away from each other and Rhodey says:

"We should probably see what we can do about that about Vision's wounds."

"I'd like that very much," Vision says weakly.

Wanda and Sam walk Vision into a lab with Banner, Nat and Rhodey following them. Which left, Y/N and Steve alone.

"Y/N/N," Steve starts.

"I have to take my shower." Y/N interrupts.

She left the room soon after and Steve sighs deeply.

"Give her some time, she'll come around." Rhodey says to Steve.

"I'm afraid that we're running out of time." Steve says before going to check on Vision.