Becoming an Avenger

A/N: Third and Final part of Torture Institution
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natasha came back with Jackie.
"Hey there, buddy."

I say and squat down to his level. He gives me a hug and I lifted him off the ground and carried him like a baby.

"So what did you do today?"
"I got to test out my powers, I can transform into all sorts of animals. A tiger, a lion, an elephant, a panda bear, a wolf etc."
"Yea?"
"Yeah! And Natasha says that it's your turn to test out your powers too!"
"Really? Wanna go with me?"
"Sure!"
"Great."

He walks me over to where Natasha is and I went pass Tony, Steve and the other man. "Mom, why are they looking at you like that?" He speaks telepathically.
"What do you mean, sweetheart?"
"Like they are in love with you or something." I chuckle and say
"Sweetie. That's what guys do when they find a pretty girl that they like."
"Oooh. Well in that case you are very beautiful, mom because every guy looks at you when you pass by." He giggles and I laugh.

"Who's going to monitor her during testing?" Natasha says.

All of the men jump up to volunteer but Steve won. He walked me to the room where they gave me a heat source and I melted a steel container within seconds.

The next was electricity. I gripped the exposed wire and the energy was flowing through me. I extended my other hand and completely demolished the object. The people in the lab said that my current was more effective than a stun gun.

Then they wanted me to do the test all at once. I knew what would happen so I ask Jackie, Steve and Natasha to step outside. They reluctantly did so. I used the heat source, solar source, electrical source, air source and water source all at once.

Black veins started to form all over my body. My eyes were black with a hint of purple. But then I stopped when I heard Jackie say "Mommy!"

I had no idea what damage I was causing until I look around to see papers everywhere. Black streaks were on the walls. Some windows were shattered and the men were huddled in the corner. Natasha walks in and so does Steve.

I whisper "I'm sorry."

And I run back to my room.

"Mommy are you ok?" Jackie spoke telepathically.

I didn't respond.
"Mommy?"
"Sweetie, Mommy needs to be alone right now, ok?"
"Ok." He says sadly.

Moments later, I hear a knock on the door.
"It's Steve."
I tuck my legs into my chest and open the door. He sits next to me and looks at me. Then I say

"It's ok for you to be scared."
"I've seen things worse than that."

I shot him a look and he said

"I'm serious. Have you heard of the Chitauri?"

I shake my head and he explains it. He made the story funny so I ended up laughing. He smiles at me and I said

"What?" 
"You have such a beautiful laugh."

I blush and look down. He lifted up my chin with his thumb and index finger. He leans in to kiss me, and I feel his lips on my cheek. And I turn to capture his lips. His fingers are tangled in my dark brown hair to deepen the kiss. Then I pull away.

"Wow." He says breathlessly.

He leans in again and lifts me onto his lap as we connected lips again and again, and again.

We steady our breath and walk out. When we do, Nick Fury stops us and says

"Your new name is Y/N Y/L/N aka Black Thorn."

He hands me a file and said
"Welcome to the Avengers Initiative."