The Alternate Universe (6/10)

"Man, either you dance with her, or I will." Sam says.

Steve placed his hand into Y/N and she lead him to an open space.

Y/N's P.O.V.:
I finally managed to persuade Steve into dancing with me. I lead him into an open space and turn around to face him. His cheeks are slightly redder than usual.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Y-Yeah, I just don't like being the center of attention." He says.

I link one of my hands with his and place his other hand on my hip before I place my other hand on his shoulder.

"You're telling me that the Captain America doesn't like to be the center of attention?" I tease.

"Okay, so you just have to sway your hips to the beat. That's all it is.  Then when we get the hang of it, we can throw some spins into it. Alright?" I explain.

He nods and tries to sway to the beat, but instead he moved his entire body. So I took it upon myself to place my hands on his hips, that way his hips match mine.

I bend my knees a little bit and sway my hips more sensually. I run my fingers through my hair and Steve placed his hands on my hips. After a few minutes of moving side to side, I decided to switch things up a bit.

I grab on of his hands and spin myself around.
I collapse onto his solid chest and smile up at him. Adrenaline dilates his eyes as he smiles down at me. I spin around and wrap his arms around me. It wasn't a move for grinding, but for swaying. I don't want to do anything that Steve is uncomfortable doing.

He pushes me forwards and grabs my hand to spin me against his chest. He spins me around twice and hikes my right leg over his waist.

"Steve, what are you doing?" I ask softly.

"Having some fun... Do you trust me?" He asks.

"Yes, of course."

"Then jump when I say jump." He says.

"Wh- ahhh!" I say as he flips me over his head and catches me before I hit the ground.

He spins me around multiple times and he grabs a hold of my waist.

"Jump," He says.

I comply and he spins me around his body. When the song finally ends, he dips me over his leg and inhaled my perfume. He pulls me back up and I gasp as I press my hand to his chest. The crowd erupted in cheers and claps.

"And you said you couldn't dance," I say breathlessly.

"I know a thing or two from the '60s." he says before taking my hand into his and he leading me to the bar.

"Looks like someone had fun," Natasha says.

I look to Steve and he smiles widely at Natasha.

"Can I get two Coronas?" Steve says.

Natasha reaches under the counter and pull out two Coronas. Steve hands me one before he takes the other and we walk to the group of people. The party had died down and some people left, leaving only the Avengers. Steve finds a spot on the couch and I sit down next to him. He has an arm around me as he stares at Tony. I bite my lip at Steve; I like jealous Steve.

"Are you okay?" I ask Steve.

"I'm peachy. Are you okay?" He asks.

"A little dizzy, but if I can manage training with you five days a week. I think I'll be okay." I state.

He chuckles at my statement and I do the same. I cross my legs and lean into his arm with a sigh.

Thor stands and gives Steve a glass with a brown liquor in it.

"What's this?" Steve asks.

"One of Asgard's finest liquors. It's not made for mortal men." Thor says before nodding respectfully and walking away.

Steve and I exchange a look and Steve sniffs the liquor.

"Should I drink it?" He asks as he eyes it quizzically.

"Why not? You only live once right? Besides, I
can drive home anyway." I ask.

"I like her philosophy," Tony states.

Steve glares at Tony and I notice. I place a hand on Steve's chest and say:

"Let it go. He's trying to provoke you on purpose."

Steve still looks at Tony and I gently move his chin until he looks at me. I arch my eyebrow and Steve clears his throat. I glance at the glass of liquor and Steve follows my gaze. He downs the Agardian alcohol all in one shot and Thor says:

"Yes! Just as an Asgardian would drink it."

Thor downs the drink himself and Steve looks at me. I pat his leg encouragingly as Thor says:

"Let's play a game."

"Oh boy, here we go." Clint says.

"Try has lift the hammer, and you'll get the chance to rule all of Asgard." Thor says as he flips the hammer in his hands.

Thor sets the hammer onto the table and he motions to it.

"Really? That's it?" Clint says.

"Yes, that's it." Thor says.

He sits back down and sips on his alcohol. Clint is the first to take up the challenge. He stands up the couch and placed a hand on the handle of the hammer and tried to lift it. After a few moments of failing miserably, Clint gave up. Then Banner tried to and he faked to Hulk out. Everyone else knew it was a trick, besides me. I place a hand on Steve's leg and he says:

"Don't worry about it, sweetheart. He has it under control."

"No?" Banner says.