I'm Pregrnant

"I'm pregnant"

"How"

Those two words keep running through my head as if on loop. A silent request of my mind to repeat. Now I'm sure for most, these words bring about joy at the thought of creating of creating new life but for me, it is a tad bit different. Allow me a moment to explain. We've been together for seventy-five years. How is this possible when I can smell there has been no one but me on her sweet scented flesh?

Now that my friend is the million dollar question. The one I wish I had the answer to. The one I will find the answer to.

"I'm pregnant"

Laying here on my bed with these two words still on repeat I look back over the years of my life and wonder what has made this one event possible. So laying here thinking of over the times and past memories of my life. I remember to go the Theatre Optique with my mother in Paris in 1892. Seeing Pantomimes Lumineses Watching Glover Cleveland take office yet again. Remembering the feeling of the world stopping when Martin Luther King Jr had a dream kjjand told us all about it. But sadly didn't get the chance to see it come true.

Now I know you must be thinking that this is 2017 and that I must be the better part over at century.

And if so aside from being a woman how is it still possible for me to get my girlfriend pregnant, now you can understand part of my dilemma. Let go back some years.

In 1892 my 25 birthday was my last birthday I simply stopped aging. I do not understand this concept myself. I just know that for my 150 years on this earth I don't look a day over 25. Now can you imagine my curiosity about myself? Were there others like me out there? Will I ever die? Am I immortal? I have no concept to grasp on getting closer to the answers of any of these questions. All I know is upon learning I would be stuck at 25 I did what most people with new found power would do.

I started making money.

I knew and understood that if my age never changed over the years then relocation would be a must at some point in time in life. Watching close friends you have known since childhood grow up, get married and slowly start to wither away and perish while I remain untouched throughout time was something I knew I wasn't ready to answer possible inquiries about. Nor was I ready to find the answer to question two. so becoming a criminal was completely out of the question, Such short lifespans they have. The only answer was stocks and bonds. Learning the trade and watching my empire expand along with my worth. Creating a system that allowed me to move through the networks over time and space where no matter who I had to become I would never need or want for anything. Still, I had to be cautious. And not bring any unwanted attention to me.

As time keeps moving forward so do i. I made it a rule never to stay in one place for more than five years. Never get into any serious relationships. And to never concern myself with current life matters ie politics, warfare, etc etc etc. But every rule must be broken.