I'm Home

POV: Demi

Am I being dramatic? More than likely, but Tate knows better than that. He fucking hit my girlfriend. To make it even better, she growled at me for being protective over her, knowing that's part of being a Dom. I can't help being overprotective. I literally cannot. Without a doubt Harlow is lost and doesn't know what to do, but she should've thought about that before she growled at me.

Do I care? Yes. Do I want to care that she is probably waiting at the door for me? No, I want to be able to punish her, but I can't do that when she's hurt.

Did Tate mean to do that? No, he would be hurting himself if did and he'd beat himself up over it.

"Demi, why are you sitting in the driveway? Not that you can't, but why?" My mom snapped me out of my thoughts as she tapped my car window.

I rolled my window down. "Harlow and I fought." I mumbled in a sigh. "I started it because an accident happened and I didn't like the fact that Harlow got hurt and it didn't help any that Tate caused the accident. It was minor, but I blew up over nothing and then Harlow stood her ground and it just went downhill from there." I closed my eyes and rested my head on the back of the seat.

"Just go back home and talk to her about it, because I'm sure she feels just as bad as you do." My mom gave me a sad smile. "How is Tate's service dog doing?" She raised a brow.

"She's healing well. It's just going to take some time." I pulled it off with a smile.

"Good, I was praying for her. I won't tell your dad about this." She shot me a knowing wink. "But let me know if you need anything. I love you." My mom leaned into my car and kissed my forehead before walking back to the front door and waving as I drove away and yelled an 'I love you too' as I drove in front of the house and down the road.

"Please be okay when I get back Harlow." I whispered to myself.

"I'm back." I whisper yelled to anyone who was in the house as I slowly opened the door, but it was stopped by something heavy. "Hello?" I raised a brow and slid in between the small space between the door and the frame before closing the front door behind me.

All I heard was a whimper at my feet.

My gaze locked onto the familiar ice blue eyes that I have come to love. "I'm home." I whispered as I looked down at her as she looked up at me.

Harlow let out another whimper before weakly pulling herself to me by her front legs.

"What's wrong baby girl?" I whispered as I bent down.

The fur under her eyes was soaked with tears, and the sight hurt my heart.

"I'm sorry I got upset with you. I know he didn't mean to, but with me being a natural Dom I can't help it. I'm sorry baby girl." I pressed a gentle kiss in between her ears.

"I think I can switch back now that you're here." Harlow whispered, changing the topic completely with a passive aggressive statement.

"Okay," I gave her a small smile before backing up and giving her space.

"I'll go switch in my room." She mumbled as she weakly stood up on her four paws before walking over to her room and closing it behind her with her head.

"I fucked up. Yup, I fucked up." I ran my fingers through my hair as I paced the living room floor.

Ten minutes of painful screams, groans, and whimpers later, Harlow walked out of her room in a sweatshirt and shorts.

"How do you feel?" I gave her a small smile, hoping she would give one in return.

"Fine," she mumbled in a cold monotone voice that I haven't heard from her since the very beginning of the year.

"Harlow, I said I was sorry." I sighed.

"And I never said I was ready to accept your apology. You fucking snapped at me for standing up for my brother who has been there for me for my whole life and is now running in the woods somewhere because he feels like he hurt me, and messed up you and I's relationship." Harlow snapped at me as she glared in my direction over her shoulder. "I would've gone with him if I wasn't hurt." She muttered.

I can tell that all of the blood drained from my face, due to Harlow's expression and it now feeling physically colder. The anxiety clawed at my stomach as I fought back the tears.

"All couples fight, but I didn't know they'd fight over one of their siblings accidentally scratching them." Her laugh was cold as she grabbed her keys off the counter. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'll do what you did five fucking hours ago and say I'm going for a drive so it can eat at you every single second you stare at the door. I fucking laid there the whole time you were gone, and I shed a tear with every minute you weren't here with me." Harlow threw her keys against the counter. "Unlike you, I can't be mad at you no matter how much I want to. I fucking love you, Demi." She started to break down. "I want to throw shit right now, but all I can think about is the pain in my back from shifting and I'm almost positive it's open." She whined.

I ran over to her and helped her take her shirt off before quickly slipping behind her. "Oh fuck." I muttered at the sight of the gaping wound pouring blood like a stream. "Lean against the counter. I'm gonna apply a shit ton of pressure. The stitches are still there, it's just a wider wound now." I kissed just above the wound before running to get a rag underneath the sink. "Deep breath." I gave her a half of a second warning before pressing against her back with all of my weight.

"Fuck!" Harlow yelled and bit into her sweatshirt sleeve.

"What's wrong?" Tate came running into the house with boxers on and his jacket, which leads me to infer that he just shifted, probably due to him hearing Harlow yell in pain.

"She shifted and her wound reopened. Can you go get me some bandages and gauze please?" I asked Tate as I continued to apply the pressure as Harlow was half on the kitchen counter.

"Yeah," Tate rushed out before running around the house, searching and collecting the items I requested, before returning to me and handing them all to me.

"I'm going to switch the rag with gauze here in a second. I don't know if it will hurt or not." I gave her a short warning before throwing the rag behind me and putting some stacked gauze over the wound and the lifting her up off of the counter to wrap bandages around her.

"Thank you," Harlow have me a small, but genuine smile as she turned around.

I kissed her nose before turning her back around to wipe up the remaining blood on her back. "How do you feel?" I asked Harlow as soon as Tate left the house again to go to his mini one.

"Better." She let out a sigh of content when I pressed a gentle kiss to the back of her shoulder blade.

"Good, now let's go take a nap, because after losing that much blood, crying, and shifting you have got to be exhausted." I laced her fingers with mine before leading her to my room.

"Okay," usually she puts up a fight about sleeping, but this time she just yawned as she wobbled into my room behind me, holding onto my hand for stability.

I made sure she got in bed okay before going over to my side and crawling in beside her.

"Can I hold you, please?" Harlow begged.

I simply nodded my head before slowly and carefully curling up into her side.

She wrapped her arms around me and I was home.