Ring Size

POV: Harlow

"You had me worried sick!" Demi yelled at the top of her lungs and it made me flinch. She's never yelled at me like that.

"I couldn't help it. I didn't have control." I whimpered and slightly cowered.

"You ran away from me, leaving me here a crying mess, because you had a drive to kill! You're not a fucking wolf Harlow! You're part wolf, yes, but you aren't a pure fucking wolf and they don't even do that shit!" Demi snapped at me.

And then I said something that hurt both of us. "Then go get a wolf." I muttered and walked away, leaving her in the room, not wanting to know what her reaction is.

I heard a gasp for air as she tried to breathe after my statement stabbed her, but my pride wasn't letting me turn around. Her footsteps quickly came up behind me and she stopped when she saw me standing just outside the door with my back to her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. That was very out of line of me to say that." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes before turning around, and when I did the sight was heartbreaking. I got a good look at her tear stained face, messy hair, and the pained expression that she must've been wearing since I left the house hours ago.

Demi opened up her arms and I met her the rest of the way and pulled her to my chest. Yes, she is the dominant, but even the strongest of people with the most dominant personalities need to be held sometimes. If I had it my way I'd just cuddle with her for the rest of my life.

"I'm here now. I'm sorry I left. I have to learn how to stop those outbreaks." I rubbed her back and kissed her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you more." Demi tried to bring her crying to a halt, but it wasn't doing much.

"I'll hold you as long as you need me to."

She nodded her head in my chest.

It's been a few days since the incident, and I can tell there is something on Demi's mind.

"Please tell me what has been worrying you." I sighed, not being able to see her pace anymore.

She took a deep breath before speaking. "I'm just curious on what our future looks like in your eyes and if it's different than it in my eyes. If we want the same things or not."

"What do you mean?" The randomness caught me off guard.

"I want kids in my future, Harlow." She sat down on the couch and ran her hands through her hair. "I feel like you don't though."

I sat in silence. "I have never thought about having kids before. I've never been in a stable environment to even think about bringing some into the world."

"But now that you are, maybe in the near future would you want kids? Like, a year or so? I'm not getting any younger and I need kids in my future. I need to be a mother." Demi looked up at me.

"Who would you want to carry them? I can't right now, because I just started my NFL career, and the baby probably wouldn't make it with my genes. And what if they tell their friends at school that their mom is part wolf? Do we wait to show them till their older and can keep their mouths shut or have them see me in my wolf form when their babies and teach them to keep quiet? There is a lot of precaution that would need to be discussed first." I sat beside her.

"I would be more than happy to carry them, and with kids it's best to get them introduced into things at a young age that they need to be okay with, instead of them getting older and already having opinions given to them by others. I know you are worried about it, but will you please think about it?" She sighed and then got up and walked away before I could say anything.