Eighteenth

POV: Demi

I opened the box to look at it again. Just to make sure it was still perfect. It doesn't stand a chance against her perfection, but it's what I can do.

"Come on, Demi. She'll love it. Don't sweat it. This is the best eighteenth birthday present you could ever give her." Tanner nudged me and tried to get me to move forward, but I couldn't. This is a big step in the world I take part in. It's not that I am not ready. It's that I am so scared she isn't ready and if she isn't she will probably be submissive and say yes anyways. "Tate is with his girl for his birthday, but they will meet us at the restaurant. Now go to her and ask before I ask for you." He pushed me in her direction harder. She was currently being praised by her track team for winning first place for her hurdle run.

I took a deep breath and waited for her to come off of the track and to Tanner and I. She smiled brightly when she saw me waiting for her with a smile.

"Hey babe." Harlow greeted me with a smile and she had to refrain from making contact with me since everyone was around.

I rolled my eyes and pulled her into a quick hug before looking up at her. "Let's go out to eat for your birthday. My family, Tate and Emily, Tanner, and me are all going to be there. I brought you a change of clothes, so go change and then come back out and we'll head on over." I shot her a subtle wink as I handed her a bag with fresh, nice-ish clothes and a hair brush as well as some deodorant even though she didn't break a sweat.

Harlow got into the car and we went off to the restaurant. My hands were sweating and it took everything in me to keep myself from tapping my feet nervously.

"I can smell the anxiety radiating off of you. What's wrong?" Harlow asked me in the most concerned and caring voice I've ever heard as she slightly turned in her seat to face me.

"Nothing is wrong. I'm just worried my dad will make a fool of himself again." I lied with ease and I could see her hesitantly nod her head out of the corner of my eye. My dad is actually completely cool with Harlow now that she has shown him how much she truly does love me and how she isn't a monster.

When we got to the restaurant my hands shook as I opened her car door for her and took her hand in mine as we made our way into my grandparents' restaurant.

Everyone wished her a happy birthday and hugged her. She has gotten a lot better with people hugging her and her hugging them back, and I couldn't be more proud of her with the progress she has been making over the past few months she's been with me.

We all ate, talked, laughed, and smiled as we shared the time together, but when Tanner gave me the look after Harlow and Tate opened all of their presents, I knew it was time for me to present mine for Harlow.

I stood up from my chair and kissed the top of her head which caused her to turn around and face me with a smile.

"Stand up." I smiled at her and she did without question. "Good girl." I praised her in a whisper.

Tate gagged beside me since he was the only one who heard it. Damn hybrid boy.

"We've been together for nearly six months, and I can easily say that they've been the best six months of my life. I still get the same feeling I did when I kissed you the first time when I kiss you now. God how I love you. Everything about you. Your laugh, your smile, your heart, your stubbornness, your personality even though you can be a bit crazy sometimes, and your beautiful mind and soul. We've had our differences, but we wouldn't argue if we didn't love each other." Harlow started to silently cry with me, so I wiped her tears and then wiped mine. "So I want to ask you if you will take this as my promise to love, care for you, and nurture you for as long as you'll let me." I pulled the long box out of the inside of my jacket and everyone started to clap and Tate whispered some shit to Harlow that made her laugh. I opened up the box to show the necklace that I had picked out for her.

She nodded her head frantically and hugged me back as soon as I pulled her into a hug and put the necklace around her neck before locking it in place. I pulled her down to my level and kissed her before making her hug me so her ear was right beside my lips.

"This is both a promise necklace and a collar. I've got the key to it and it will not be taken off unless I take it off or if you get shot again and the doctor needs it off. It's big enough for it to fit around your neck when you shift, but not so big that it hangs down super low when you're in this form. I own you, and this is my way of proving it to everyone. It has my name engraved on the back of the lock shaped like a heart. You belong to me. Do you still accept the collar?" I pulled back to look her in the eyes to see her eyes smiling along with her lips.

"Of course. I love you more than I can express since I'm illiterate." She answered that part loud enough for everyone to hear and a low hum of laughter followed her response.

"The rest of your present will be given to you at the house." I shot her a wink and Tate gagged again since he was the only one who heard it.

We all bid our goodbyes and Tate went back to Emily's house with her to spend the night, so Harlow and I had the house to ourselves for tonight since all of the workers leave at eight. Not like we'd need the house to he vacant since it's big enough for us to be as loud as we want without having to worry about anyone hearing us. Not like I care though. I'd be okay with her screaming my name so everyone could hear how good I'm fucking her.

"Good luck walking tomorrow hot shot, because you're about to get fucked harder than you ever have." I chuckled lowly in her ear before walking up the steps and into our room. I set up all of the 'equipment' I'd be using on her tonight already, so all she has to do is strip, lay down on the bed, and be the good girl I know she is.