ONE

The Osborn household

To any New Yorker, the Osborns were the epitome of the perfect family.

Norman Osborn was a successful man with his two beautiful children- Harry and Astrid Osborn who all looked closer than ever to the press- who thought the only thing that would make them even better was Emily Osborn, had she not passed away so suddenly all those years ago.

Of course, they didn't know what happened behind closed doors.

When the cameras weren't around to take photos of Norman laughing with his children and smiling proudly at them as they spoke to other New York socialites, Norman was constantly scolding them, specifically Harry for yet another headache that interrupted him in the middle of a meeting.

"Expelled! Again! Honestly, Harry. Another school? What the hell did you do this time?"

Harry Osborn only rolled his eyes, sitting arms crossed as he ignored his very angry father's question.

From outside his office, Astrid stood with her best friend, Gwen Stacy, fighting everything in her not to go in and go to her brother's rescue.

Gwen knew this look on her best friend, knowing her one true weakness was always Harry.

"Please don't do it, Astrid. Harry's a big boy. He can handle himself."

Astrid only shook her head, trying her hardest to listen to her when Norman's continuous yells finally got the best of her.

Before Gwen could even try to stop her- Astrid burst into the office.

"It's not his fault! It's mine!"

"Astrid," Harry began, already knowing where his protective little sister was going with this.

But Astrid ignored him and instead approached her father, "Honestly, it's all my fault. Harry was just defending me. That guy- he was- well for the lack of a better term- he was a total asshole dad. Honestly, you should've heard what he was saying."

Norman sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose frustratedly, realizing for possibly the hundredth time why people always gave him a sorry look when he said he had twins.

If it wasn't one, it was the other.

"Well, what was he saying then?"

Astrid bit her lip nervously, "He was saying things about... me because... well I may have implied he was a good for nothing piece of trash that the scummiest-"

"Enough," Norman glared once he saw his son mouthing every word she was saying.

It was obvious the 'me' Astrid was talking about was really Harry. Yet here she was, taking the fall for him again.

He looked between the twins, wishing more than ever that his wife could be here right now, knowing she would know what to do with the pair- and they would actually listen to her.