FORTY FIVE

Peter didn't know exactly when it started getting weird but he realized fairly quickly into the dinner how off Norman was acting

Whether it was him excusing himself every ten minutes to go to the bathroom or his nervous ticks or even his random bursts of anger at their poor waiter, something was definitely wrong with Norman Osborn.

"Are you... are you okay, Mr. Osborn?"

Scoffing, Norman nodded, "Of course I am. Why would you ask such a stupid question?"

"Um... you just seem off and uh... Astrid told me you were feeling sick the other day so if you want to call it a night-"

"Just because everyone in this restaurant is incompetent, don't put the blame on me."

"I'm not saying that Mr. Osborn-"

"Honestly, how do you expect to get my blessing to date Astrid when you're acting like this?"

"I didn't mean to offend you Mr. Osborn-"

"Well, you did it," Norman scoffed, placing a bill on the table as he stood up, "Great dinner, Mr. Parker."

Peter immediately stood up too, "I really didn't mean to offend you, Mr. Osborn. I just- I care about Astrid so much and you're the most important man in her life. So if something's wrong with you... please just know I'm wondering for her. I need you to be alright for her. For one of my best friends- for Harry. For the two people who would be very deeply hurt and lost without you... you're... you're the only parent they have left, sir."

Norman found himself at loss for words as he stared at Peter who took a deep breath, the nerves finally hitting him seeing the look Norman was giving him.

"I'm sorry if that was out of line, sir... but I... are you okay?"

Instead of giving him a straight answer and reassuring Peter, Norman laughed, "I've never been better, Peter."

Peter froze instantly, feeling his heart drop while Norman thought nothing of it as he walked off.

Peter though, he could barely make it out of the restaurant- his mind running a million miles a minute.

The first thing he was supposed to do when he left the restaurant was call Astrid but with this new revelation now in his mind, he couldn't do that- not without feeling the guilt eat him alive.

He instead found himself standing in front of Gwen Stacy's house after Ned didn't answer his calls- Peter's guess was he was out on his own date with Betty.

He knew Gwen was Astrid's best friend but she was also one of the smartest girls he knew and if anyone could help him out, she could.

Peter repeatedly knocked on the door, only to be met by the door opening to an annoyed Captain Stacy standing there.