TWENTY TWO

"You do realize that you don't have to go, right?"

Harry was confused when his sister told him about the detention.

One call to their father and the principal himself will be apologizing to Astrid for the confusion.

But Astrid was adamant that she attend- no matter what Harry said.

"Why? Just cause your dad is a rich man" Michelle scoffed, shaking her head disapprovingly, "That's abuse of power."

"That's life, MJ," Harry said simply before turning to his sister, "Now, can we go home?"

"I'm going to that detention, Harry."

"Why? For Parker? You can't even be sure he'll show up!"

"I'm going, Harry," Astrid repeated sternly, not wanting to get into the topic of Peter Parker.

Harry rolled his eyes but nodded, deciding to let his sister win this small argument.

After all, this could be good for everyone in the end if Peter and Astrid finally kissed and made up- not literally, of course.

It was like Gwen could see that thought crossing his mind because she was quick to tug on his arm, "Cmon, you. Let's let Astrid get to her detention like the good/bad girl she is."

With that Astrid made her way to detention, surprised to see Peter already sitting there with his head in his hands.

Seeing the way his leg was bouncing up and down, it didn't take a genius to figure out that he definitely wanted to get out.

Astrid noticed this new habit of his a while ago, noticing how everyday after the final bell rang, he practically bolted for the door.

But now he was forced to stay in school and part of that was Astrid's fault.

She didn't feel bad at all though as she sat beside him, throwing her bag in the chair in front of her, startling him.

He looked up, frowning when he saw her sitting there.

He didn't get to say anything when the teacher stood up momentarily.

"Okay everyone, you know the rules. No talking, no scheming against me, no grouping together-"

"You do realize it's just the two of us right?"

"Yes," he frowned, "Seems as if your other fellow classmates opted to not attend detention. Not to worry though, they will be getting double the detention."

"Since we actually did show up, do we get to leave early?" Peter asked hopefully.

"Nice try Parker," the teacher laughed before turning a switch on the TV, "Now, watch the Cap."

"So you're in detention..."

"Is this really necessary?"

"Yes, now let me sleep."