FIFTY ONE

Norman caught on pretty early on when Gwen was spying on him

And it didn't take him long to figure out that Peter too was spying on him.

But what he didn't expect when he planted a bug on Astrid to get more information on the two closest to her was to discover that they were slowly, but surely, convincing her too that he was this big bad guy that the two were sure he was.

It made him angry.

Not at his daughter for being so impressionable, but at Peter and Gwen for putting this ideas in her head.

It especially angered him to hear Gwen talk so low of him when for so long he treated her like his own, he considered her family.

He found himself growing angrier by the second hearing the rest they had to say about him- glad he placed the hug on Astrid's jacket, knowing she'd use it again the next day.

What he didn't know was that Michelle was sitting next to her, not really caring about the conversation, already telling Gwen that everyone was innocent until proven guilty.

She instead watched Astrid- and more importantly noticed something on the back of her jacket.

She reached over to grab it, surprising Astrid who stopped mid conversation to look over at her confused.

Michelle held up what she discovered though, this time surprising everyone who looked at it closer.

'That's from Oscorp,' Astrid mouthed, making everyone grow wide eyed.

'Don't let your father know that you found it,' Gwen mouthed back.

Astrid nodded, grabbing it from Michelle and setting it on the table.

"Anyways, like I was saying," she began as she picked up her orange juice, "I think- Flash! What the hell?!"

Gwen chuckled a bit seeing her pour it on the bug, before smashing it to make sure it was destroyed- and throwing out the tray for extra measure.

"I can't believe Mr. Osborn bugged his own daughter," Ned mumbled.

"Yeah, same," Astrid sighed, "But I did think it was weird he initiated the hug yesterday. At least now I know why he did it."

"Okay then, I take away my keep me out of it stance," Michelle announced, "What's our next step to stopping him?"

"Well, before we do anything permanent, we need to find actual proof."

"You mean like that little bug Astrid just destroyed?"

"Norman could easily turn that into just being overprotective of his daughter. That won't say anything about him being the Green Goblin."

"Okay. What if we go to his office?"

"That was a dead end, Pete," Gwen sighed, "We already checked everywhere possible."