TWENTY THREE

Peter tried his hardest to resist

But after just a week of Astrid ignoring him and refusing to sit with them at lunch, he couldn't help it.

If she refused to talk to him or be around him as Peter Parker, than he would try to see her and watch over her as Spider-man.

As creepy as others may see this as, he just couldn't let her go- not again.

When Astrid first saw him, she thought she was just imagining things.

Why would Spider-man be following her around the city?

Harry asked the same thing when she first stopped him, forcing him to turn around to look where she had just spotted him- only to see him long gone.

"You're delusional," Harry scoffed at his sister, "Seriously, I think your break-up has you all sorts of messed up."

Astrid almost wanted to ask him which one- Theo or Peter, but she knew that would only spark a conversation she didn't want to have so she kept quiet.

Knowing now she couldn't confide in Harry, she decided to take matters into her own hands.

After managing to isolate herself from her friends, Astrid stayed in school longer before she left to go home.

Peter was already waiting outside for her, a churro in hand as he watched the front door.

When she finally come out, he finished the rest of his snack then put his mask down completely, his aunt's nagging voice in the back of his mind to not waste food.

He thought he was being discrete but Astrid noticed him the second she stepped outside.

After all, how could she miss the man in the red and blue suit sitting at the edge of the train tracks?

Peter knew something was up the second she didn't climb the steps to the train station.

He let the curiosity get the better of him though and wasn't as careful as he normally was.

When he saw her disappear into an alley, he knew he had to follow her quick.

Astrid, on the other hand was waiting patiently against the wall for him to finally arrive.

He turned the corner, startled to see her there.

"You have been following me!"

Peter chuckled nervously, already beginning to back up but she quickly grabbed a hold of his hand to stop him.

"Don't. You've been following me this entire time, I deserve to know why."

Peter was still at loss for words but hearing whispers come from the street and a small group of people began to form, he knew he had to get out of there- for her safety.