EIGHTY FOUR

When Fury first told Peter that he had Harley tell Astrid what happened, he wasn't sure what to think

So, naturally, the first place he went to after he returned from Fury's was to Astrid's room but was sad to find her fast asleep.

He knew he had missed his chance of a big romantic gesture and giving her the necklace in her favorite city of Venice but he figured if anything, Paris and the Eiffel Tower- as cliche as it was, would be the next best spot to give it to her.

So, he slept that night excited for the next day- only to find out that they weren't going to Paris but instead Prague.

Peter groaned at the news, next to a clueless Ned who yawned tiredly, "What's so bad about Prague?"

"Nothing. Just- I was planning on giving Astrid her necklace and asking for a redo in Paris."

"I think that's going to be hard to do," Ned mumbled when he saw Astrid walk in, her arm linked with Harley's as they laughed together.

"Oh god. I knew it. He didn't tell her the truth."

"What? That Nick Fury shot us both with a tranquilizer but somehow you woke up faster than I did and I ended up sleeping throughout the entire night?"

"I also have super strength and super powers. It's not exactly a surprise that I woke up from it faster."

"Oh whatever. Stop gloating."

"I am not gloating! I'm just-"

"Watch it there, Parker," Astrid teased, stopping him from further running into her and Michelle.

"Astrid," he sighed in relief once he noticed that Harley was no longer by her side, "Thank god you're here!"

"Where else would she be?" Michelle scoffed, "She doesn't exactly run away like you do."

Peter frowned when Ned cleared his throat nervously, "I'm just gonna go over there. MJ, come with?"

"N-"

Michelle was cut off from declining, being dragged away by Ned while Astrid smiled knowingly at Peter, already knowing why he did that.

"So..."

"So," he sighed, "So about yesterday-"

"It's okay," she chuckled, "You don't have to explain or apologize or anything. It's not everyday you're drugged and kidnapped by Nick Fury."

"I knew he didn't tell you- wait. Harley actually told you what happened?"

"Yeah? Why wouldn't he?"

"I-I don't... I-"

"Peter, Seriously, it's okay. I get that Spider-man duties are more important."

"But they aren't. He asked me and I chose you. I chose you and I was going to you but then he... he kidnapped me."

"But when you woke up? You stayed?"