SIXTY ONE

It was not easy for Harry going back to Midtown all alone while trying to ignore all the stares and whispers he got

He thought if anything he would have his sister by his side and together they'd get through all the crap Liz so graciously escaped her time around.

But, Astrid would barely look in his direction as she walked into the school building holding hands with Peter while talking to Ned and Michelle.

He had never felt so alone, especially when Flash was the only one who reassured him nothing had changed between them.

Astrid saw how much he was struggling, and as much as she wanted to say something about it, she refrained- Michelle did no such thing.

"I just feel bad, you know? He's over there sitting there all alone while us- his friends and sister eat without him."

"Well, maybe he'd be sitting here with us if he didn't leave like a total dick."

"But he did come back," Ned offered.

"Yeah, months later," she sighed, "Why are we even talking about this? I thought I made it clear, I had no interest talking about him."

"I know and you threatened to defriend us but-"

"You just don't care about my friendship?"

"It's because I care about your friendship that I think you should talk to him. You'll regret it in the long run if you don't."

Astrid's eyed immediately went to Peter who gave her a look saying 'she's right' although he would never admit that out loud.

Sighing deeply, Astrid nodded, "You guys can talk to him. I won't."

"I'll take it," Michelle smiled before calling over Harry.

The four could see how much more relaxed and happier Harry seemed by just that small action.

Astrid remained silent though as Harry came over to greet everyone before taking his regular seat.

"So, how have you been?" Michelle asked first.

"I've been good. I- just a lot of traveling and research and a lot of work looking for my aunt."

"Yeah, must be crazy," Ned frowned, "I didn't know your mom was a twin. But it must be so hard and weird seeing her face everyday but knowing it's not her."

"Yeah- that's definitely weird. But I think it's weirder to have a parent who actually cares and doing normal 'parent things'."

"What 'normal parent things' has she done?" Michelle laughed.

"She made me breakfast- that's a first. And she got rid of all our staff, says she can just do everything for me. She even drove me to school!"

"Lucky you," Ned scoffed, "I still have to take the train like regular people."