FORTY FOUR

The dinner with Norman Osborn was supposed to be a big stepping stone for Peter

He knew if he wanted his relationship with Astrid to run smoothly, he first had to win over her dad and he was prepared to do anything to do just that.

Of course, fate didn't seem to be on his side when right before he was going to leave the apartment, he stopped short seeing what was on the news channel.

Astrid knew the second she saw that same newscast that Peter was in no way going to make it to the dinner with her father.

"Can you believe this shit?" Harry chuckled from the sofa, "I feel like we just got rid of the flying guy and now we have to deal with this new creep."

"Yeah... I'm sure Spider-man's got it handled though."

"Does he?" Harry gave her a look, "I mean, he barely survived the flying guy. Dude destroyed Coney Island- completely ruined my summer."

"Yeah, because your summer is of the utmost importance," Astrid rolled her eyes, grabbing her bag, "I'll see you."

"Wait. Where are you going?"

She froze momentarily.

She couldn't exactly say: I'm going to go distract dad so I can stall for Peter until he finishes fighting this new villain.

So she instead settled for, "I'm going to go eavesdrop on dad and Pete's dinner."

"Oh I am so in."

Before Astrid could protest, Harry grabbed his keys, walking out of the house excitedly now with Astrid following suit.

She knew once her brother's mind was made up there was no stopping it so she didn't protest any further.

They instead made their way to the restaurant where, as expected, Peter had yet to show up- but then again neither did Norman.

"That's weird," Harry frowned, taking a seat, "Dad's always on time."

"Maybe he got stuck in traffic with that nasty green dude terrorizing the city."

"Oh cmon, you can come up with a better name than that."

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was supposed to name all these people."

"Well, when you name Spider-man, you kind of have to. Besides, didn't you name Liz's dad too?"

"Vulture was hardly a difficult name to come up with. You guys were just too lazy to come up with a name. You enjoyed calling him Liz's dad too much."