FIVE

"So that's it then?" Ned frowned, "Dude I gave up my own chance to get to know Astrid for you and now you can't even pursue her because you decided to befriend her overprotective brother?"

Peter only nodded, finding it hard to pay attention to him the second Liz Allan walked into the room.

She paid no mind to him as she spoke to Mr. Harrington though, much to Peter's dismay.

"Dude!" Ned called out after having enough of his best friend ignoring him.

"What?" Peter jumped slightly, startled by his loud voice.

"Why do you not care more about this?"

He shrugged, fixing his glasses nervously, "It's not like I would've had a chance with her anyway."

"Why the hell not?"

"Cmon man, she's Astrid Osborn-"

"And you're Peter Parker! If anyone can get someone like her, it's you."

"Why are you interested in my love life all of a sudden?" Peter questioned, finally looking away from Liz and at his best friend.

"Whaaaaaat? All of a sudden? I've always been interested!"

That was all Peter needed to hear to know what was going on, "Okay, was it a bet or did Gwen trick you into doing this?"

"A little bit of both," Ned answered truthfully, "She swore I wasn't as good of a matchmaker as she is but I know I am!"

"Just like she swore you weren't any good at puzzles when really all she wanted you to do was finish hers?"

"Hey! You fell for that one too!"

"I had nothing else to do so I played along."

"Oh, whatever!" Ned huffed, ready to put his head down when the doors opened and Astrid and Michelle came rushing in.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" she apologized to Liz and Mr. Harrington.

Michelle quickly shook her head, "It's entirely my fault."

"Lost track of time at the library?" Liz smiled, making Michelle sheepishly nod.

From afar Ned and Peter watched them.

"You can't seriously say that you don't want to be with her."

"I never said I didn't," Peter mumbled, now finding it hard to look from yet another girl.

Ned couldn't help but smile at his love-struck friend, "Somehow, I think you don't even need Gwen and me to put you two together."

"Wait- what?"

"Okay, everyone! Welcome to the team: Astrid Osborn!"

"What are you following me or something?" Flash joked from his seat, earning laughs from everyone else.