ELEVEN

Ben Parker's funeral had gone smoothly thanks to Astrid's meticulous planning

She stood by Peter and May's side the entire time, helping them through yet another day- this one especially hard.

Astrid knew it would be so she made sure everything was perfect and Peter and May didn't have to worry about a thing.

By the time the services ended and Peter and May had returned home after a very emotional burial, May knew it was time to let Astrid go.

"Astrid, I can't thank you enough for all that you've done for Peter and I these past couple of difficult days but... I think it's time for you to go back to your ordinary life, don't let us be a strain in your life anymore."

Astrid gave May a look, "You were never a strain in my life, May. Honestly, it's no problem watching over you and Pete-"

"Why do I feel like you've been the carer in your family? Do your father and brother rely on you a lot?"

Astrid scoffed, "Without me, I'm sure they would've killed each other by now."

"I can see why. You're so nurturing and caring, of course, you'd be the one basically keeping the family together."

Astrid shrugged, "I guess it's cause my mom was never around, and, not to sound misogynistic, but being the only girl in the family, I felt like I had to make sure everything was perfect- like she would've if she was still around."

"Well," May smiled softly, "I'm sure your mom would've been so proud of you."

"I hope so," Astrid smiled softly at the thought.

May nodded as she slowly started to back up, "I'm gonna... I'm gonna go to my room."

It was safe to say both Peter and Astrid were shocked.

Since Ben's passing, May had been sleeping in the living room, the pain of laying in their big bed alone too much for her.

But here she was, closing the door behind her as she entered the room, leaving Peter and Astrid standing there in silence.

Once ten minutes had passed and no sign of May exiting the room or her sobs could be heard, Peter was proud, to say the least.

"She wouldn't have been able to do that if it weren't for you, you know."

"Oh cmon, she would've eventually. She didn't need me to do that."

"She did- she needed a few days where she was able to mourn her husband and having you here taking care of me and her and everything else, it really helped so... thank you."

"You're welcome, I'm glad I could help," Astrid smiled, "Now that I was able to help out your aunt a bit... is there any way I can help you?"

"How would you be able to help me?"