NINE

It all started in their science class

When Gwen saw her best friend in a down mood, she wanted to cheer her up and decided randomly it would be a good idea to put more of the substance than the suggested amount.

Astrid immediately knew this was a bad idea.

"Gwen!" Astrid's eyes widened seeing her pour the entire bottle, "Stop! I don't think that's a good idea!"

"It'll be fine," Gwen laughed even though she knew it most definitely wouldn't be.

Seeing the liquid start to foam up, Gwen prepared herself for the inevitable- ruining her cute outfit.

But it was all worth it if Astrid ended up cheering up.

Right as it exploded and Astrid's scream and Gwen's laughter went along with it, Peter came out of nowhere, grabbing a random umbrella and holding it in front of the girls before they could get hit with it.

Gwen and Astrid both looked at him wide-eyed.

"How did you know that was going to explode like that?"

Peter didn't know how to answer it at first.

He had the sudden sense something was going to happen, stopping him from his own project with Ned when the hairs on his arm stood and he looked over at Gwen and Astrid before she even started pouring the liquid, knowing then he had to help them.

And because of this, he grabbed the first umbrella he could find, opening it and shielding them from the mess.

He didn't know how to quite explain that, so instead, he settled for, "Did you see what you were mixing Gwen? Of course, it was going to make a mess."

The clearing of a throat made Peter slowly lower the umbrella and the three looked at a very furious teacher standing there.

"Gwendolyn, Astrid. Care to explain why I'm covered in your project?"

"I uh... we measured wrong?" Gwen tried.

Peter smiled sheepishly as he closed the umbrella, handing it back to its owner who frowned in disgust but he only mouthed a sorry before going back to his seat.

Ned laughed at the scene, "Dude, that was some quick reflexes."

"Yeah, reflexes."

The next instance was in gym class.

Everyone was taking their turn to climb up the rope and when it was Flash's turn, Peter thought nothing of it.

Astrid scoffed as she looked up at Flash who was laughing, "He always likes to make a joke out of everything, doesn't he?"

"Doesn't every guy?" Michelle mumbled as she turned a page in her book.

Harry chuckled at his friends, "Watch this."