TWENTY SIX

Astrid was a very distracting person

Astrid was a very distracting person. Peter would be the first to admit that.

But he never expected for her to distract him so much that he didn't notice his best friend sitting in his room when he climbed in through the window after a long night as Spider-man.

His spider-senses tried to warn him but he was so consumed in what he and Astrid spoke about and not letting May catch him in his suit that he basically ignored it.

So now Ned knew about Spider-man and there was no changing that or all of the questions he had to go along with it.

After a while though, Ned noticed just how out of it Peter was.

"Dude, what is going through your mind right now?"

"Honestly?" Peter sighed, "Astrid."

"Ah," Ned smirked, "Of course."

"So you remember how Astrid was mad at me for a while?"

"Do I remember?" Ned scoffed, "Dude all you moaned about during that time was her and what to do to get her to forgive you. I remember having to talk you out of sending her a huge arrangement. How would you even have afforded that by the way?"

"I was talking about it to Happy so much, he offered to get them for me."

"Makes sense," Ned mumbled as they continued to walk down the street.

"Seriously though, while she was mad at me, I may have kind of... spoken to her as Spider-man."

"Oh dear God!"

"What? I masked my voice!"

"How?"

"Like this," Peter demonstrated, making Ned laugh as they crossed the street.

"How she hasn't figured you out yet is beyond me."

"Well, I was going to try to do a British accent but- my accent sucks."

"I'm sure you're a natural," Ned huffed, "But anyways, how'd the whole Spider-man thing go about?"

"That's what I keep thinking about! She- Astrid likes Spider-man now."

Ned really couldn't help it.

He burst out laughing, only making Peter frown more at his best friend's response.

"Nice friend you are."

"I'm sorry," he giggled, "But just- what do you expect me to say about that?"

"Tell me what to do! How do I get her to stop liking Spider-man?"

"Tell her as Spider-man that you're not interested."

"I can't do that! Not only am I already a mess around her, but she's been banned from seeing him- me."

Ned shrugged, "Write her a note, maybe?"