THIRTY FIVE

Peter was so close

Peter was so close.

He ran for his life the second he found out the rock would burst any minute.

When he saw the rukus and explosion from high up in the monument, he knew he had to get up there.

Gwen was a mess, all that was going through her mind was that she was in a fight with Astrid.

Harry was angry he didn't go up with them- and that the security wouldn't let him in no matter how much he pushed.

Michelle just wanted Spider-man to save her friends.

When he finally did get up there, Peter nearly had everyone out, until it was only Astrid and Liz left.

"Just go. You got this."

"Yo-You should be going first."

"I'll be right behind you. Let's go."

Liz slowly nodded, the two holding hands as they approached the exit.

The second Astrid noticed it start to move though, she released Liz's hand and shoved her to safety.

She just wanted to make sure everyone else was safe but Peter was not about to let her get hurt.

He caught her before she could fall too much, Astrid gasping as she just looked up at him in amazement.

"Just look at me. Don't look down," he ordered, Astrid slowly nodding as he began to pull her up.

Once she was safely on the ground with the others, Peter let go of the breath he didn't realize he was holding but now was able to fully relax knowing Astrid and the others were safe.

"Thank you," she whispered, Peter only nodding, trying to ignore Karen's advice he knew he couldn't follow.

He wouldn't kiss her again, not in front of everyone.

Unfortunately, with him distracted with Astrid and the thought of kissing her, he didn't even realize that he was slipping until it was too late.

He fell, disappearing from everyone's view, making Astrid gasp as she looked down, but was quickly pulled away by Mr. Harrington.

"He'll be fine. We need to get everyone checked out. I assume we're taking the stairs now?"

"Yes," the guards quickly answered, already ushering everyone towards the staircase.

"Ugh! That's so much walking!" Flash complained.

"Shut up, Flash," Ned frowned, "Because of you and that stupid trophy, Astrid nearly died."

"It's not my fault she didn't walk out faster!"

"Harry is going to kill you," Abe chuckled.

Flash immediately went pale, quick to put an arm around Astrid, "So about what just happened-"

"Don't touch me, Eugene. It's too tiny in here for any close proximities."