NINETY SEVEN

Astrid was sure as time passed her and Peter would get the hang of things and it would be like the old times

Especially since all of Quentin Beck's men had been caught and there was no new major threat to the world, it really felt like things were in the perfect place for Astrid and Peter to finally take a break and get away from it all.

But things didn't go according to plan.

"It's just- it's our junior year and according to Astrid and my old plan, we're supposed to be engaged by now-"

"Kid, you've got the rest of your life to get down on one knee," Tony reassured him, continuing to work on Harley's suit.

"I know that but I won't get another chance to do it on an anniversary trip in Venice of all places."

"You do realize she's rich, right?" Harley now asked.

"And haven't you been to Venice already?" Miles chimed in.

"It's her favorite place in the world- can you all just sympathize with me, please?"

"Sorry but I just don't get why you two had to cancel or why you can't reschedule."

"We can't reschedule because this was the only time we were on break from school and she could take off from work. And we had to cancel because she's dealing with a new scientist and this stupid cat burglar won't just let herself be caught already."

"She's too good to let herself get caught," Miles chuckled, "I tried and she just showed off... not that I minded though."

"Yeah, she is hot," Harley agreed eagerly.

"You kids and your hormones- no getting frisky with the bad guy."

"Like you wouldn't have back then," Harley scoffed.

"Yeah, that was back then. But now I know better. Just like I know for a fact that fraternizing with the enemy is never good news... especially for kids thinking about proposing to their girlfriends."

"I never said anything about her!"

"Whatever you say, kid. I wouldn't mention it to Astrid though."

"I don't think she'd mind. She has someone to look at too at work."

"Oh?"

"Marco," Peter growled.

When Astrid first told him about the newest addition to the O Corp team, Peter thought nothing of it. But when he actually saw him, he was not happy at all.

He was sure if they were still in Midtown, everyone would be swooning over him. He wouldn't have minded that at all. But he did mind him being so close to Astrid.

"He just started working there and already they're spending every minute together. I barely get to see her because-"

"The cat burglar."