FIFTY NINE

George Stacy was surprised to say the least seeing Astrid Osborn and Peter Parker appear on his doorstep one day while Helen was at work and the boys were out with friends

"Hey... you two..."

"Hey, Mr. Stacy. Can we come in?"

"Sure," he was quick to move to the side, "And actually, I've been meaning to talk to you. I'm sure my wife sent you over-"

"Oh no, she didn't. We're actually here for another reason."

"Oh? What's that?"

"Well, we think Mr. Osborn has been on the run for long enough and Astrid and I decided it was finally time to bring him in- with your help though, of course."

"I am all ears," George immediately relaxed, "Come, let's sit and talk about this."

The two agreed, Peter and Astrid sitting next to each other, him holding Astrid's hand comfortingly.

"So, Peter and I stayed up all night talking about it, talking about getting revenge on-"

"But I stopped her and told her she shouldn't want revenge," Peter interrupted, giving her a look.

"Right. I- I want justice for Gwen... even if this all happened because of my dad's own plot for revenge."

"Right," Captain Stacy cleared his throat, "So what exactly is your plan?"

"To use his own plan against him. He wanted revenge so he took it out on Gwen. But now, we'll switch the roles. You'll want revenge for yourself so..."

"I take you?"

"Exactly!"

"Well, we plan to be a little more creative with the idea."

"How so?"

"It's easy- we pretend I'm dead."

"What?!"

"My dad won't believe you'll do any harm if we say you've taken me. He'll have to hear that you've truly lost your mind and you've already killed me for him to come."

"But... but if you're already dead, why would he come out of hiding?"

"To see if it's true- and to more importantly, come kill you."

"Well, that's reassuring," he scoffed, shaking his head.

"You'll be completely safe," Peter was quick to reassure him, "We'll release to the media that you're being held in the Avengers facility."

"Isn't that just a training ground though? Do you even have holding cells?"

"Mr. Stark and Spider-man are currently working on building the top impromptu jail section. Well, Mr. Stark insisted to use Cap's room as a base but-"