EIGHTY SEVEN

Turns out a bunch of kids alone in one room with some weird tech was all that needed to happen to discover Mysterio's big betrayal

Astrid paced outside of Peter's room nervously, waiting for him to arrive.

When he finally did, she sighed in relief, "Thank god you're back. We need to talk."

"Yeah we do," he frowned, "You mind if we go for a walk?"

"Um- yes I do. Cause you need to be in my room-"

"Astrid, wait. I'm being serious. I want to talk about us."

"Us is not a priority right now-"

"But it is!" he stopped her again, "God, I had this whole trip planned out. I was going to get you back and prove to you that we were better together than apart. And that we could have this new beginning where everything would be perfect but I fucked it all up when I started helping Fury and Mysterio-"

"Peter, that's just it-"

"Well no more," he ignored her, "I'm done. Hell, at this point I'd give up being Spider-man cause nothing and no one is as important to me as you are- as this relationship is."

"Wait," Astrid had immediately lost focus, feeling her heart swell at his words, "You'd... you'd give up being Spider-man for me?"

"In a heartbeat."

Astrid smiled now, going over to caress his cheek, "You idiot."

"What?" Peter couldn't help but laugh.

"You can't give up being Spider-man for me!"

"A little louder please," he joked, "I don't think the whole hotel heard you."

"Oh shut it- I- Peter, I appreciate the gesture, I really do. But you don't need to give that up. I'm perfectly fine not being the first in your priorities list to you saving the world."

"Well I'm not fine with that," he frowned, his hand immediately reaching into his pocket, "And actually, I wanted to tell you that things can change and we can get a-"

"Jesus- I knew sending you to get Peter was a bad idea."

"I swear, it wasn't me," Astrid frowned.

"Let's go."

"MJ-" Peter tried to protest, only to be pulled away by her, getting dragged to Astrid's room where he was surprised to see Harley, Harry and Ned standing there.

"What's... what's going on?"

"Look what we found at the fair."

"What's that?"

"Proof that I'm an idiot for not realizing sooner."

Peter stiffened up at the sound of that new voice, not even needing to turn around to know it was Brad.