TWENTY

"How did you get that again?"

Peter touched his eye slightly, clearing his throat, "I got into a fight with this guy named Steve- none of you know him."

"How do you know I don't know a Steve?" Harry frowned, but Peter only shook his head.

Astrid sighed, "Well, I hope you at least got some good hits in."

"Oh, I did," he smiled proudly, the events of the Germany fight still clear in his mind.

Sure Captain America and his friend got away but Mr. Stark and the rest of their team managed to capture everyone else and that was a win in Peter's book.

Hell, being able to fight with them at all was a win.

It just sucked he didn't get to tell his best friends every detail of his quick trip and fight all the way in Germany.

No one really questioned his bruised eye that much or his story though, knowing he always found himself in altercations.

They were worried, sure, but they knew it was nothing out of the ordinary... if only they knew the full truth.

Peter wanted so badly to tell them but instead settled for the story he and Tony Stark came up with before he returned home.

After lunch, as Astrid and he walked to their next class, it took everything in him not to blurt out the entire truth to her.

In an attempt to take charge of the topic, he decided to speak up first before she had the chance to question him on his eye like he knew she worriedly would.

"So... how was your date?" Peter asked hesitantly, still unsure if he even wanted to know.

He just didn't know what else to say.

"Not great," Astrid answered truthfully, "And none of it was his fault, I know that, but I just had the worst luck that day."

"What a coincidence," Peter chuckled nervously, secretly happy that it didn't go as amazing as his mind was playing it out to be.

"Yeah," she sighed, before brightening up moments later, "I did get to see Spider-man though!"

"Did you?" he asked, remembering that night and how he decided to swoop in just in time before Theo managed to kiss her.

Of course, he got scolded by Tony the next day when he showed up late and more importantly, kept Happy Hogan waiting but it was worth it.

Suddenly remembering Tony, Peter held out his hand to Astrid, "Can I get your phone real quick?"

Astrid was confused but handed it over nonetheless, watching him.

"So I don't know if I told you this but I won this internship position for Mr. Stark."