TWENTY EIGHT

Peter really thought he wouldn't be seeing her tonight

But after that fight with the bad guy and his argument with Mr. Stark, he knew the only person who could help him feel better was Astrid.

And he couldn't necessarily go to her as Peter and lie about why he was upset, he wanted to tell her the truth for once, even if he was still hiding his identity.

Astrid didn't suspect a thing as she sat in her room attempting to catch up on the Walking Dead, not really paying too much attention to it- Glenn's fate still fresh in her mind and stopping her from enjoying the show more than she normally would.

Peter poked his head down from her roof, tapping her window a few times to get her attention away from glaring at the screen.

He needed to get in fast if he didn't want to get caught with her by her father.

Astrid huffed hearing the continuous tapping, looking around her room, freezing when she saw Spider-man's head outside her window.

Instantly she shut her laptop and opened the window before going to lock her bedroom door.

Peter came in, closing the window behind him before throwing himself on the small couch in her room.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Astrid asked when she noticed his limp body.

"Had a fight with a big flying guy," Peter huffed, closing his eyes in frustration thinking how badly it went.

"Big flying- are you okay?"

"Yeah," Peter mumbled, slowly sitting up, "I think I could've actually taken him down- had Mr. Stark not convened."

"What'd he do?"

Astrid was curious to say the least as she sat next to him, getting comfortable as she prepared to hear his story.

Peter turned to her, "Okay, so, he made this suit for me, right? Turns out it automatically pulls out a parachute when I'm too high in the sky."

"Isn't that a good thing though?" she frowned, "I mean if you get too high you can not only lose oxygen but that fall- it could be lethal."

"I had it covered," he huffed, "I could've gotten out of his grip and fought back- had I not been pulled away."

"Or you could've gotten yourself killed."

Peter scoffed angrily as he got up, "Of course you don't think I can handle it either."

"Hey! Of course I think you can handle it!" Astrid protested as she reached out to grab his hand to make him face her, "I just think if you're in a fight and you're at a disadvantage, you should accept and be grateful for any help you get."

Peter sighed, now calming down a bit, "It's just- he wants me to stay grounded, Astrid. He wants me to leave this guy alone and focus on saving 'the little people'."