TWENTY SEVEN

"I can't believe you really made us come here

"I can't believe you really made us come here."

Harry usually wasn't one to complain about going to a party but when he found out his sister's true intentions of going to this party, he was immediately against it.

He knew his sister would eventually find a loophole to be able to see Spider-man, but he just didn't think it'd be today of all days- and at a party.

"Stop complaining, Harold," Astrid frowned, "I got us out of the house, didn't I?"

"I thought you and Liz had a thing anyway?" Michelle questioned.

"We do. What's your point, MJ?"

"I think she means if you two have a thing, weren't you going to go to her party anyway?" Gwen now questioned.

"Nah, I already told her I wouldn't be going. I had to babysit Astrid."

Astrid only rolled her eyes as Gwen giggled, "Aren't you afraid Peter will take her from you?"

Harry went to respond when he stopped short, smirking as he looked behind them, "Somehow, I don't think a guy who still needs a ride from his aunt to go to a party will be a threat whatsoever."

With that Harry walked off, Michelle following while the girls waited for Peter and Ned to join them.

"So are you really okay with Peter going after Liz again now?"

"I-I never said that," Astrid mumbled, finally turning from the boys to look at Gwen, "I just- I don't want to hold him back."

"Like he didn't hold you back with Theo?"

"Please don't remind me about that," Astrid grimaced, "Cmon. I need a drink."

As the girls finally walked in, Peter and Ned slowly trailed behind.

"You have the suit on right?"

"Yeah," Peter sighed, lifting his shirt slightly to reveal the suit, "I still don't know if I want to do this though. If Astrid manages to get me away from everyone, I'll go with her with no hesitation. And if I go with her-"

"She'll fall more in love with Spider-man and less with you," Ned frowned, "Hey, didn't you give her your Spidey note though? My note, I mean."

"I haven't had the chance to slip it into her locker- especially after that whole Liz debacle, how was I supposed to focus on anything but that?"

"So basically this is all my fault?" Ned frowned, "Don't worry. I'll take care of it!"

"Wait! Ned! No!"

But Ned didn't listen and basically charged inside the big house.

He went straight to Astrid who was now talking to Gwen and Michelle but stopped short seeing the determined look on Ned's face.