EIGHTY SIX

When the opportunity to go to the opera arose, Astrid was one of the only students excited

"I can't believe you'd seriously prefer going to the opera over a fair."

"It just reminds me of the good ol' days- like when dad took me to the opera cause Harry always refused to go."

"And for a good reason," he pointed out, "Those are the worst."

"They're not that bad."

Everyone was quick to protest, only making Astrid roll her eyes but Peter cleared his throat.

"She's not wrong. They're not that bad."

"Of course you'd think that, Parker," Flash rolled his eyes.

"He's only saying that cause Astrid used to drag him around to all types of shoes when they first started dating."

"They've seen every broadway show too," Michelle added.

"I'll have you know, those were great dates," Astrid giggled.

"That's so sweet," Betty smiled before abruptly turning to Ned, "Babe, we need to have a cute tradition like that when we get back home!"

"You sure you want to base your relationship on a failed one like Peter and Astrid's?" Flash laughed.

Brad was quick to smack him on the back of the head, making Flash glare at him while others were already groaning and protesting to their teachers until Mr. Harrington finally had enough of the back and forth arguing and sent everyone to get changed.

"I can't believe we're going to a stupid four hour opera instead of the biggest party of the night," Harley complained.

"Oh, don't be such a downer," Astrid nudged him slightly.

"You don't get to talk about this- you grew up with the Opera."

"Yeah but I hated it at first- before I went and I actually got to listen and appreciate everything it had to offer and-"

"Please, no more talking, sister," Harry sighed, "How are we going to sneak out of this thing though?"

"What? We're not sneaking out!"

"We are," Brad smirked.

Unfortunately for Peter, he was nowhere near this conversation and was anxiously getting ready, nervous for the night.

He was in that position again where he could either say screw the mission and the safety of the world so he could be with Astrid and finally get her back... or postpone his plans with her to save everyone- her included.

He knew there was really no competition.

As much as it would kill him in the long run, he'd rather protect the world she lives in and wait a little longer to be a couple with her than be a couple for a limited time and just die with the rest of their loved ones.