40 (ENGLISH)

IN A ROOM OF THE POLICE STATION ...

Everyone present was watching, unable to believe it, how Matt struck the table that was in front of him with anger.

All this before the watchful eye of Tae, who could not help looking surprised at the young man. His hands, which had previously been taking certain notes in the notebook he always carried with him, now lay without moving on the empty page ... he had even forgotten the pen he was using and that, sliding down the table, ended up falling on the gray floor of the interrogation room.

After all nobody ... nobody! ... had been able to foresee what the young man was saying between those four walls ...

 Singto, with a hand on the glass, listened to Matt's words with a desolate expression on his face.

- "I didn't know ..." - he muttered, finally, with tears in his eyes - "I didn't know that she was his cousin nor that it was Wendy who found Jumpol hanging on that beam. I ..."

Krist, with a horrified expression, could only approach and hug the young man who, closing his eyes tightly, hid his face in his neck while hugging him tightly. As if he was a lifeguard... his lifeguard.

- "That's when we saw the photos and the video" - Matt kept saying - "and to think that the witch said that it had been a one-night stand. Nothing important at all!"

- "Witch?" - Tae asked with a frown.

- "His bride ..." - explained the young man while hitting, once again, the metal table - "that ... THAT! ... anyway ... you understand what I want to say."

Tae, coming out of his stupor, bent down and taking the pen in his hands, proceeded to write something down in his notebook, then look up at the young man in detention. A look that was full of misunderstanding and thousands of questions ...

- "What is the name of that girl?"

Matt smiled wryly while his gaze turned cold. So cold that a chill ran down Tae's back, causing him to look the other way for a few seconds.

- "Don't tell me you haven't discovered that yet?!"

The question made Tae look back at Matt, the surprise marked on his face.

- "We should?"

- "Well ... if I told you that the young woman has just died in a lake ..."

Tae dropped the pen on the table.

- "The student who had that expensive ring..."

Matt nodded with a smile. No doubt he was having fun with everything that was happening between those four walls.

- "Yes ... that girl"

Tae nodded, thinking that finally someone corroborated what they already knew about the girl and, especially, her relationship with the boy who had committed suicide.

- "We know ... we follow the track of the ring to the jewelry house where he bought it"

Matt looked at him coldly, as if analyzing how far they had gone in the investigation.

- "Good... but surely there is one thing you don't know ..." - the boy finally muttered as he looked at the inspector with a calculating expression on his face.

- "Oh yeah?" - Tae said appearing indifference - "I doubt it"

- "Really? Then you know that Jumpy ... our Jumpy, did not kill himself ... but was killed."