Venomous Part 3

Stiles, Jackson, Allison, and I took Lydia to Scott's house to get her away from the school.

"If we're studying at Scott's house then where's Scott?" Lydia asked as we entered. She seemed to be unhappy with how odd we were all acting.

"Meeting us here, I think," Stiles replied. "I hope." Stiles locked every lock that was on the front door, making Lydia frown at him. "Uh, there's been a few break-ins around the neighborhood." Lydia nodded trustingly. Nobody knew what to say, so the silence stretched to the point of awkwardness.

Then to add to it, Stiles grabbed a nearby chair and shoved it under the doorknob. Lydia looked at him expectantly.

"And a murder," Stiles said, almost as if he were a bad actor on a movie. He looked at me and I sighed, shaking my head at him. "Yeah, it was bad..."

"Lydia follow me. I need to talk to you for a minute," Jackson grumbled.

"Ugh, seriously? What is going on with everyone?" Lydia complained, but followed him anyway.

"Y/N, can we talk?" Stiles asked, nodding his head to the next room. I gulped and looked at Allison, who shrugged lightly. Licking my lips, I nodded, trying to act like I wasn't nervous out of my freaking mind while I followed Stiles into the living room.

I sat down on the couch while he paced in front of me.

"Stiles, what's this about?"

"What was that?" After my confused look, he elaborated. "In the classroom with Isaac. What was that?"

"Why are you freaking out about that?"

"Because you're my best friend and he's going to hurt you!"

"You don't know that..." I mumbled.

"Why else would he be talking to you?!"

My muscles felt like rock as I stared up at him. Inside my chest, the strings of my heart were being sliced apart one by one with a dull knife, and I felt the sting of each one. Tears were threatening to come and I felt like I just dry swallowed a large pill. Did he seriously just say that to me? Like I wasn't good enough for anyone to date?

Stiles finally looked down at my face when he realized I was quiet and his eyes softened. "I didn't mean it like that, Y/N. I just meant-."

"Whatever. It's fine." I pushed off the couch to run to the bathroom so I could cry without him seeing me, and he grabbed my arm, still trying to explain himself. "I said it's fine." I slid my arm from his hand and speed-walked to the nearest bathroom.

Maybe he was right. Maybe I was just being used. It wasn't too far of a stretch after all. I mean, Jackson did it. Why not Isaac? Plus, I'd never actually had a boyfriend before. What if I was un-boyfriend-able?

I sat on the toilet, pushing the heels of my hands into my eyes while trying not to breath too loud and reveal the fact that I was crying. My lungs struggled for air, making my breaths shaky and shallow.

I heard a heartbeat right outside the door, then a dull thud like someone had put their forehead against the door.

"Y/N, please come out. I'm sorry," Stiles sighed. I sniffed and reached over to turn on the sink, letting the water drown out his voice. He only spoke louder. "Y/N, I really didn't mean it that way. I'm sorry."

"Stiles, I need your phone," Allison said hurriedly. Stiles shuffled around, probably giving her his phone. I hoped he would leave, but he didn't.