The Alpha Pact Part 2

"I can't believe we're actually going to school when the full moon is tomorrow. We should be practicing or solving or something," I grumbled as Stiles and I entered the school for what felt like the first time in a long time.

"We're just here to get Lydia, babygirl," Stiles replied.

"Yeah, well, still..."

We pushed through the crowds in the hall, finally finding her minutes later. She had a red line around her neck from when Blake tried to kill her. I was surprised she didn't hide it, but it made me proud of her for some reason.

"Aiden isn't texting me back," Lydia said with a heavy sigh. Stiles stopped, his face drooping with frustration, and Lydia looked back at him. "Okay, maybe we can just go over there and-?"

Stiles phone vibrated and he stared at the text with blank eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"It's from Isaac. They couldn't stop Blake at the bank. W-we have one day," Stiles panted. His hand trembled as he put his phone back into his pocket. His heart was fluttering wildly in his chest as his breaths became short and shallow.

"Stiles, are you okay?" Lydia asked.

"Stiles?" I said. He panted and began to sweat as his hooded eyes searched the hall.

"I think I'm having a panic attack," Stiles breathed.

"Okay. Come on, come with me." I took his hand and dragged him into the locker room where he ripped off his backpack. Stiles hyperventilated as he fell to the floor against the lockers.

"What's happening? Is he okay?" Lydia asked, rambling loudly.

I held my hand up to her, "Lydia, please! Not right now." She went quiet as I knelt down in front of Stiles, grabbing his face in my hands. He wheezed and grabbed his chest.

"Stiles, baby, look at me. Breathe with me. In and out, just like we used to," I nodded. He nodded back, trying to draw in the breaths as I did, but they caught in his throat, which only made him freak out more. His heart was thumping so fast, I was scared it would go into arrest sometime soon.

"I can't, I can't," Stiles said, his eyes beginning to glisten. Why wasn't this working? It did when we were younger, when his mom died.

"Think about something else, Stiles," I demanded.

"Like what?" he wheezed, staring at the ground.

"Uh, happy things, good things. Friends, family," Lydia tried. Stiles looked up at her with a scowl as he fought for air. "Oh, god. Sorry."

"Stiles, please look at me." He did, and I said the only think I could think. "I love you."

"What?" he breathed, his breaths beginning to slow.

I nodded, feeling my own heart race. "I do. I love you, Stiles."

"You..."

"Yes, I love you." I pressed my lips to his, not caring that our teeth tapped together or that the kiss was rougher than it should've been for someone revealing their love. I pulled back slowly, opening my eyes to see his tear-stained face already watching me.

His breathing and heart rate were falling back to normal as we stared at each other. His eyes were still tearful, but I don't think it had anything to do with the panic attack now.

"How'd you do that?" he asked.

"You held your breath," I replied, my voice a whisper.

"I did?" I nodded at him. His eyes bored into me like he would be perfectly content to just sit there and stare at me for the rest of his life. "Do you really love me?"